My new JZX110 from Aussie

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
davealdworth

Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by davealdworth »

So finally have some good updates. The car is LEGAL and now in my hands. Are a few shots of the car now that I can really start to play with it.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Looks really cool. The vertex bumper will give it that nice serious look. Those seats must hug u nice and tight. Upload some videos on YouTube. Wanna hear how it sounds.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yakuza wrote:Looks really cool. The vertex bumper will give it that nice serious look. Those seats must hug u nice and tight. Upload some videos on YouTube. Wanna hear how it sounds.
I will when I'm back home in a week.

Alloy radiator, braided brake lines, low temp SARD thermo and decatted pipe to go in next week also so will be even louder. Tomei exhaust outlet and JIC decat alone will help de restrict that turbo flow for more killawasps down the track

Tyres are scrubbing a little too so the plan is to remove the front inner guard liners (waste of time for me anyway when the cars hardly ever driven and never on gravel and the such), camber the rears slightly to 2-3 degrees (that will take the tyres away from the rear bumper tabs) and if needed get the car raised no more than 10mm where needed with the damper set to full hard (have a soft spring set on and it still drives like a dream)

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Got the car all squared away last time I was home. Personalised plate also on order hopefully arrives next week.

Had another thought that I'm going to get a full respray done next year after Christmas is dealt with (coming back to nz for 3 weeks) cause the paint looks good in most photos but there is a heap of oil splatter on the boot and the kit is pretty damaged so a full respray will do wonders when the new kits all fitted.

Fitted all the new gear and WOW the JIC decat pipe made a huge difference boost comes on alot sooner, alot smoother aswell, the note is a lot crisper and the radiator seemed to have sorted out the heating rather nicely. Just need to move the front license plate to somewhere that doesn't restrict the airflow cause where it sits right now its pretty much stopping it all.

Sorted out the scrubbing issue but cause of the tyre width the wheels are still slightly coming in contact with the inner guard plastic crap linings so the plan is to remove them completely and get some custom fibreglass liners made. I know most will go with thinner tyres but it's hard enough to keep traction as it is. Also going to make a custom alloy undertray as the old platic one is good but it wont mate up to the aftermarket kit

When I get back to Adelaide I'll be chucking up some sound shots of this thing.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

What colour will you be re-spraying it? Will look awesome once the front kit is on
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yakuza wrote:What colour will you be re-spraying it? Will look awesome once the front kit is on
Going to be using BMW Artic White with a silver flake. Will keep the white look as it's a heap cleaner look and suits the black wheels much better

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Just hurry up and put that 2j in it :D

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

shweatypox wrote:Just hurry up and put that 2j in it :D
haha yes boss. As far as I know if it goes in then it will be the only one in Aus with a 2j under the hood

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

davealdworth wrote:
haha yes boss. As far as I know if it goes in then it will be the only one in Aus with a 2j under the hood
That'll be cool. If you move to NZ bring it with you :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yakuza wrote:
davealdworth wrote:
That'll be cool. If you move to NZ bring it with you :)
If I come back I'll be bringing it with me for sure. It will love the roads around the lakes and the such back home