Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Tofu

Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by Tofu »

bad arse! I like where this is going

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Right no now getting relatively pissed off with Australian Law. So over here they have a SEVS and RAWS list. SEVS is what can be imported and RAWS is who can fix it . Over here if your an automotive engineer unlike NZ for certification, only certain people here can certify it and the nearest guy is in Melbourne. So even though the importers have know its a JZX110 and they have known the car was arriving and landed in Sydney around 2 months ago, they still haven't booked the engineer to come and do the final certification so am still waiting for even that to be done.

But on the brighter side the front wheels have arrived now and apparently are insanely light (I'm out of town for the next 3 weeks with work so the Mrs got to pick them up) so now just the rears to arrive aswell as the vertex front bar then bam hurrying up and waiting for the car. While I'm waiting for the car to get certified Top Secret have also given her a full service and apparently there are no issues at all they removed the engine gave it a basic strip down replaced the bearings, seals, lubes, hoses and gave the engine bay a good old clean out.

Next on the shopping list is the detailing side of the car
TRD gear short shifter
LED's for custom intercooler lighting (show only)
Grille to go over the intercooler (also show only)
LED's for a set of custom built tail lights
new headlights or reconditioned from Japan with halo rings

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Off to Sydney in 3 days to hopefully pick up the car. They still haven't sorted out the steering wheel issues with compliance and I told them I'm coming over so they better have it done by then. It can't possible take 5 weeks to sort a steering wheel out when series 2 Supra wheels and Altezza wheels fit. Even the new Lexus IS series wheels fit so I'm going over to yell at the manager of Top Secret Import's considering the car was supposed to be ready by the end of April and its now midish June so not happy.

On the brighter side also bought all new tyres. Michelin Pilot Super Sports 235/35/19s front and 255/40/19 rears. For those that don't know these are the same run flat tyres that the BMW's seem to be coming out with factory and they have a 40,000kms servicing policy and if they fail before that they will be replaced providing I don't track them (I have Nittos and Advans for that) as well as some more random parts. So all going well within the next 3-4 weeks I can fit all of the gear and have it pretty much set up just right. Hopefully the new roll centre adjusters take excessive load off the bushes and then the TRD ones will sit nice and tight. Also thinking of getting solid mounts made up just to really keep the ass end on the steady

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Where did you source the roll centre adjusters?

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

picked them up from moonface racing

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Sorry heres the link to all of the moonface products some for jzx and they do a little for jza80s and 100's

http://www.perfectrun.jp/quick/qui_home ... &submit=GO

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

I run the same ones. Bought them off Yahoo JP through Ewan/Hayatonka, took about a week straight to my door :)
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

I need some so I can continue with my Celsior front brake upgrade :)

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Back from Sydney now and visited Top Secret Imports to see what the word is. Still cant find a stupid bloody steering wheel apparently so that's being a real pain in the ass but started it up and took it for a drive and wow. At idle its loud as hell around the 75-80dcb and at speed a hell of a lot louder than that. I suppose that's what happens with a catless titanium amuse exhaust. On the road its great, handles like a dream and sits so flat though all the corners. Still up to a 4 week wait but after seeing the car and cause I have no choice looks like I'l have to persevere for a bit longer

1400r

Post by 1400r »

cant you just buy a wheel off yahoo?

surely this should have been discussed well before the car got here