My new JZX110 from Aussie

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
shweatypox

Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by shweatypox »

Haha, and always remember, whether you buy 1 part or 20 parts, it will be the same growling. MInd you if I did the same thing I'd be sleeping with my parts in the lockup :lol:

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

I feel that may be a safer option for me and my car parts

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

davealdworth wrote: Tomei arms turbo kit with downpipe and PONCAM to come not long after (will get dyno of just the turbo as hardly anyone has these results)
jzx100.com - there are 40+ pages on this turbo and the results. Most of the guys are around 280-300kw on stock cams. :)

My setup is exactly this and i'm hoping for 300-350kw depending on how much boost I am running (around 16psi low and 23psi high). There is a guy in the USA who runs a vvt 1jz with that setup making 370kw atw which I think might be a little strung out for my liking.

Also, bare in mind it will be a hugely responsive 300+kw as well. Not laggy like anything else out there and will happy run 11's with the right driver/tyres.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea i've seen a couple of results but what I'm looking at doing is getting results from all the mods I'm adding one by one. Going through the BPU(+++) range until i get to the point where my 2jz needs to go in. I'm looking to gain around the 350kw mark with the 1jz and them move on to the 2jz with the t04z for 350+kw which will be easy considering whats in it

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Good stuff! just read your PM man.. will get back to you ASAP..

Anyhow, have you checked the import laws? would you still be able to register it on NZ roads? I see it's a "GH" on the manufacturer's plate

update:
from an exporters website:

Due to changes in emission standards, as of January 1st, 2012, vehicles imported into New Zealand must have been manufactured, in principle, no earlier than 2005. Exceptions to that rule can be granted if the vehicle you are importing is a "special interest" vehicle or if you are importing a car that has been registered in your name in Japan.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Cheers for the help with the pm murdoko, keen to hear back on it guessing its going to be around the 5-10mm clearance mark once the guards are rolled.

As for the rego, not so much of a concern its coming to Aussie instead. They dont have the restrictions like back home (not yet anyway) so we can import heaps of the good stiff as long as its legal

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

So the first order is down and ready to go. Seems a bit strange to be buying car parts now that the car is only just on the water and I won't see her till the end of April but who cares, not me :lol:
Image for the rear
Image for the front
Image for the front

And a few other little things

I wanted to get these but apparently they no longer make the so a bit devo there but meh cant do much about it

next on the list is
and
or

then when the car lands just a few last things and then thats it for a few months until i get my 2j wired and ready to go

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Car has finally landed in Sydney, now its just compliance and rego before the final shipping to Adelaide.

The shopping list is getting more and more completed with new Bride Stradia II +C sports ordered thanks to Nick at NST and the rest of the Tomei collection ordered. ORC Clutch is on the way also with the Cusco Zero1 coilovers

Cant wait to finally get it here and decide what else needs to be done :P

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

watch this space

built and almost ready to go..... now how much power do I want to put down

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Shoot nice looking motor :)