Rah - JZX91 / JZX110W

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
PSIBRG

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by PSIBRG »

4.3 locker is in. This ratio suits the NA motor nicely, feels quite a bit quicker now. Could even go to 4.5 I think.
Also got the WELD gearbox mount thingamajig in. Combined with the engine mounts... arseloads of vibration! You can hear the engine and gearbox resonating through the body :lol:

Doesn't feel like a street car anymore :lol:
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

You didn't keep your promise to take pictures.

I am greatly disappointed and hearteningly saddened :(

I so want to get taken for a ride in this thing now!!!

Swaps?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

I took pictures, but I've only been on the forums on my phone lately. Will get to a computer sometime.

Also took it to Hampton skidpan again. Just couldn't get into the swing of things today, kept spinning out while switching and got frustrated which made me drive even worse :lol: and then, to live up to the reputation of breaking at every event, somehow the front lip of the fanbelt tensioner pulley broke off and the belt jumped ship lol. So with no power steering or water pump, caught a tow truck home. Good times :lol:

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

Gutted i didnt stay to grab some pictures. When did the tensioner break?

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Front lip of the pulley broke? Fuck thats pretty random... fractured from previous impact when the fan let go maybe?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

driftouteast wrote:Gutted i didnt stay to grab some pictures. When did the tensioner break?
Probably about an hour after I last saw you. Was just in the middle of destroying the last of my tyres when it happened :lol:

Looonie wrote:Front lip of the pulley broke? Fuck thats pretty random... fractured from previous impact when the fan let go maybe?
Yeah random as hell aye. It just sheared clean off. Just ordered a complete new tensioner from Nick so hopefully have this thing going again in the next few days. Hey I don't spose you remember what belt you used when you ditched the AC?

Here's a few random photos from the last few days...

Painted rear bumper, which unfortunately now has marks down one side from a cone I hit :lol:

Vibra-Technics engine mount

WELD gearbox mount thingy. Don't even know what to call this... it basically slots into the factory R154 mount and fills in the gaps. Made a much bigger difference than I thought it would!

This is full shock travel. Handy for changing wheels. Not so handy for getting up driveways with a torsen :lol:

I've been avoiding completely blowing tyres cause at this height it seems the sideskirts will end up smashed against the ground :?

:(

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Have you still got you old belt or is that long gone? It should have been a 6PK1890 anyway

Go see Nick and NST, they charge per belt, no matter how long it is so it works out far cheaper then anywhere else. My 2jzgte, no AC belt was like $35 from them

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Gates - K060735

6PK1865

Thats what I have lying around for 1JZ sans air con, pretty sure I woulda used the same but can't 100% remember.

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Haha, therein lies the problem, everyone seems to use different belts. As far as I know with Gates belts the last 4 numbers are the length in mm. Google tells me 1865 is the one to use. Guess I'll order one and see, thanks fellas

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Shiny :lol: