XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
murdoko

Re: XQUSIS: Murdoko's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by murdoko »

Anyhow, after all the helpful comments, I ultimately decided to follow my hunch. Bought a set of Matte Black WORK Emotion 11R 30P 18x8.5 (f) 18x9.5 (r) and I loooooOOOOOVE EEEET!!! Like I said, I don't want the wheels to stick out too much as I don't really see the point other than it looks good. Scientifically, it doesn't help the performance and economy too. I went for the classic flush fit like Peter's VR25 Special.. ;)

Black TRD Nuts and Red Hub rings from North Shore Toyota!

PS. looks 10x better at night! No Photoshopping involved with these pics:

Next stop: Manual conversion or Cusco shiny bits (most likely the latter) and will definitely change the tyres soonish 8-)

gtivvl

Re: XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by gtivvl »

id go the manual bro.....cusco bits can come after, theres nothing like the feeling u get when u shift ur own gears. especially when u have been driving auto for a while

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

gtivvl wrote:id go the manual bro.....cusco bits can come after, theres nothing like the feeling u get when u shift ur own gears. especially when u have been driving auto for a while
GAH! full manual conversion's a bit too steep for me at the moment (using brand new parts)... we'll see

I'll invest on handling first.... it's cheaper and come to think of it, why go faster if you're car can't turn??

I smell sway bars........ subtle TRD or racy stiffer Cusco?? I'll find out soon enough...

archon

Post by archon »

murdoko wrote: I'll invest on handling first.... it's cheaper and come to think of it, why go faster if you're car can't turn??

I smell sway bars........ subtle TRD or racy stiffer Cusco?? I'll find out soon enough...
I'd get some proper tyres first...

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Some of you might have already seen these. just thought I'd post them up here:

Change tyres soon... :)

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Booked in this Saturday for a new set of Falken FK-452 225/40/18 fronts and 235/40/18 at the back.

Watch this space! 8-)

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

i love the "only the best" attitude thats gone into this build...love the colour of your IR-V wish X100s came in gunmetal metallic

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

gtivvl wrote:i love the "only the best" attitude thats gone into this build...love the colour of your IR-V wish X100s came in gunmetal metallic
Thanks mate! I try... ;)

Just making sure I don't do any ignorant mods to my car. that's all. :mrgreen:

Oh btw, the colour is actually what sold it to me at the first place! :P

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Update:

Fitted 4x FK452s.

First impression: These tyres really feel good on the road. I can't comment on the performance yet until I have tested it
"thoroughly". but so far, it grips like a scared koala on a tree. :twisted: road noise is reasonable. At 38 psi, the car is still pretty comfy. no complaints so far.

looking at installing swaybars next as I can definitely feel a bit of excess body roll. Cannot see a reason to install coilovers just yet as I'm just not a fan of em. might have to invest on bilstein, Tokico, or KYB adjustable dampers if need be.

Hotchkis or Cusco swaybars? hmmm.

Alex

Post by Alex »

not a fan of coilovers? why? its exactly the same as having lowered shocks and springs.. but with the advantage of being cheaper, better and able to raise and lower your car. plus soften your dampers or harden if you need. you will pay huge money for aftermarket shocks and springs on their own.. for an similar result without the adjustability.