XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
murdoko

Re: Murdoko's Midnight Stalker (JZX110 IR-V)

Post by murdoko »

Soooo just a bit of an update:

1. I booked the car for Midnight Express Tints at Tint-A-Car. However, it was cancelled due to my car having factory tints.. ugh! :o

2. Went to NST and brought a new AIRCON filter element as old one was very non-hygienic. cost about $50 but good for the long haul. This was really easy to replace. Just open the glove box and remove the panel at the rear side of the compartment. This will reveal the Aircon filter case. Just nudge the cover off and pull out the filter. easy as that. ;)

3. also while I was there (NST), I enquired about all the Cusco stuff readily available there. MWAHAHAHAHA, I'm looking at upgrading the swaybars first (front and rear), coz that will make a huuuuge difference in handling. Then, strut bar > lower arm bar (front) > lower arm bar (rear). Or maybe if I go insane I'll just buy them all in one go. :twisted:

In the meantime, here are some photos for you guyz to enjoy

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

hey guyz, which option would you go for?

1. Black Work Emotion 11R Staggered 18x8.5/9.5 with crap Triangle tyres?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =381343608

...OR....

2. $1700 worth of Cusco stuff from Nick:

a. Cusco Front Strut Brace Type OS
b. Cusco front and rear swaybars
c. Cusco Lower Arm Bars (front and rear) v1/v2

OPINIONS? TIPS? ANYONE?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Hmm, not digging those Emotion's at that price, especially in +30. Keep looking I reckon!

If I had your car, and had $1700 to burn, i'd spend it on coilovers :)
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

PSIBRG wrote:Hmm, not digging those Emotion's at that price, especially in +30. Keep looking I reckon!

If I had your car, and had $1700 to burn, i'd spend it on coilovers :)
+2

if youre not tuning the car for competitive track times, suspension arm bars and whatnot are pointless.

fix ride height should always be the number 1 mod, before wheels, engine, etc etc

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

I reason those wheels are sick. But better offset would top them off. Just coil overs and wind them all the way down!
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

archon

Post by archon »

Why is it people spend so much on 'cool' rims yet fit such shit tyres? Especially as they usually have name brand coilovers etc as well.

I have A and B from your list on my 110, except I'm using a TRD front sway instead of Cusco as I didn't want it too stiff. I got them from Nick so have experienced it before and after. Buy the rear sway bar first then see how you feel.

phys

Post by phys »

archon wrote:Why is it people spend so much on 'cool' rims yet fit such shit tyres? Especially as they usually have name brand coilovers etc as well.
Im with you there, rather have awesome tyres they gonna be touching the road first but I guess dropping it on it's ass causing crazy camber wear who could afford to spend money on excellent tyres when they wear out in 10K :lol:
BC gold are ok for the money but remember your gonna need a cert as soon as you put them in and will be uninsured in the meantime so I would start at saving for the rims you want and enjoy your car as there is nothing wrong with it yet and when you start its endless :lol:

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Those wheels will look ok on a 110 if you keep it at the height it is at the mo. All the cusco stuff would be cool but depends what you want out of the car. Did you give the car a service and check out the rattle?

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Poured some good full-syn oil in the engine.That's the cambelt like you said a while back. I'm definitely gonna change it within 2 weeks, no problems there. Speaking of cambelt kits, would you go genuine Toyota or Gates? They're about the same price retail but I do have trade discount at Partmaster and Gates is a pretty well known brand. Plus the genuine Toyota waterpump has a plastic impeller.

I don't have to go with coilovers having the 110 as a daily. I don't wanna go too low coz it will sacrifice driveability especially on the shore. I believe a good set of springs and some decent adjustable dampers would do the trick. The height won't be adjustable but it'll do the job. That was the setup that I had on my supercharged MR2 and it worked like magic handling-wise. Plus I won't need a cert for it.

I agree with you guyz on the shit tyres. I asked him straight-up about that when I viewed it. Why the shit tyres? Tried to haggle it down without the tyres but he said the tyres are free. From experience don't ever ever use Triangles. They've got a 'secret special Auto-drift feature' on all their tyres. Might way for a better option and my current tyres to wear out. Definitely looking out for a good set of wide rims with good tyres to make up for its weight.

I was thinking of going with the swaybars first. I know it'll definitely improve its handling but for another 700 bux you get all the 3 braces as well so I was thinking why not get the whole lot? :)

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Finally replaced the battery as it went flat after sitting for a lil more than a week. Ended up paying $150 inclusive for a 610cca 3 year warranty battery (Gold).

Also in the process of changing the cambelt, waterpump, idler bearing, tensioner,etc with genuine Toyota parts. Thanks a lot PETER! (VR25). Should be done soon.