My new JZX110 from Aussie

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
shweatypox

Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by shweatypox »

davealdworth wrote:Yea will do. Just need to get an email address that actually work on JZX100.com.

In other news, car is on the truck on Monday morning and will be in Adel by the time I get out of the desert on Thursday so YAY!!

All my parts are ready for fitment so next weekend is going to be flat out and also picked up a little something else thanks to yahoo.... why do they always show such nice and interesting things on there??

Haha, nice one with the lights, I'm keen on the clear ones :)

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Righty so theres been a fair bit of stuff happening lately. Car arrived in poor condition, oil spots all over the boot lid and over the roof, assuming from the transport truck. Turns out the importers did nothing they legally should have done to get the car into the country and has resulted in the car not being applicable for registration in South Australia (for some reason they have different rules state to state and cant for the life of me figure out why, was much better in NZ). So the car is going back to another importer in South Aussie to get officially complied correctly. Here's a list of what they picked up

Wheel track was too wide compared to factory by 35mm front and 35mm rear
Tyres hadn't been replaced apon entry to the country - massive EPA violation
Too much rear camber - cause of too low all camber still within factory requirements at 3 degrees
Tyres sticking out of the body (only at the bottom 3-4inches of wheel)
Coilover suspension illegal cause apparently the locking on the coilovers under the spring and on the threaded body can come undone due to vibration on the road (never ever heard of that happening when they are installed correctly)
Exhaust obviously too loud only allowed 80Dcb here - yet the HSV comes out at over that so a bit of contradiction there
"boost controller" illegal - it was just the boost gauge box (the inspector was clearly retarded)
no front REO - the only one i actually agree with
headlights too yellow - even though it passed the lighting test
drivers seat rail illegal
car far too low compared to factory - eyebrow height to be 366mm front and rear was at 320mm front and rear - body still the legal 100mm off the ground
roll centre adjusters illegal - now removed
factory tints too dark
gauges on the dash illegal
gearstick wasn't showing numbers on it - simple solution replace it with my TRD short shifter - done
rear child seat anchorages - over here in a sedan legally have to have 3 fitted in the back apparently even though there will never be anything like that in the back of the car
Steering wheel even though its approved for use it doesnt have an airbag so failed

So all in all it was a great report haha. Nothing done correctly at import so TSI are going to pay for all the legal requirement work that they didnt actually do

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Man Australian laws are so gay haha
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yea you'll laugh at this. In order to have coilovers engineered here they have to ensure there is no way that the height can be adjusted to below 100mm so the best practice they have is to weld the threads. Now on that note look up what happens when you weld a hydraulically pressurised unit and then youll understand how backwards the Aussie rules are

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

man i wish i could go and talk directly to your transport minister and tell him to sort these stupid rules out. No wonder why compliance costs well over $5k in aussie compared with $400-$500 in NZ,

Here's what the NZ inspection would have probably said (if the car was still allowed into the country)
change your tyres to a E3 dot rating
get a cert for your coilovers
they would never have said the exhaust is too loud or tints are too dark (its the actual glass thats tinted) bloody retards
you dont need child safety latches in the rear however you can get them installed (its cheap) i had it done on the silver 110 i bought off you
what do they mean by lights too yellow? wtf? i heard u even have to remove HID along with all the wiring? what a f%!#ken headache
boost gauge? boost controller is never an issue in NZ

good luck man. hope they sort it all.

car enthusiasts really need to start lobbying the state government and get them to change their stone age laws
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea i miss the NZ inspections they were piss easy and you can get all the certs done in one hit instead of individually like here. But what I've found here is the Govt employ monkeys who like to feel super important just because they don't know what common sense is.

I believe they started a petition to make all the modification laws the same but they are so far behind here its just not funny. Only last year did they allow any brand of braided brake lines provided they are SAE clear so before that anything that wasn't ADR approved (Aussie Design Rules) it wouldn't pass at all even though SAE is aircraft regulation - a bit more important than car rules.

Even FIA approved equipment isn't allowed unless its ADR approved so bride's are a no, some sparco's, some recaro's all illegal yet they will save your life in a race car going at 250kph and an autotechnica seat from repco that costs 300 new that wont save your ass if you sneeze is approved. I really don't see how that works. The ruling to get stuff ADR approved is that the Govt have to test i think 1000 items to fail unless the correct crash test information is given by the manufacturer as long as it's tested to international standards

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

I believe in the common sense approach like most people and when the nz and Australia government adopt stupid and extremely bullshit rules it makes me red with anger. NZ already screwed up by not allowing jzx's because of tree hugging emission laws. Environmentalists and retarded politicians should go to hell.
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yet cause i've imported mine through Aussie i can now bring mine to NZ whenever i want. How does that make sense??

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Keep it for a year and bring it back :)
dailydrivenJZX

Mob. 0211015933

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea i'm thinking that. Thinking about moving back to Auckland next year so if I do it will be coming back with me for sure. Spare engines and all