Post by PSIBRG »

Thanks man. It's a KTS, 900yen from Yahoo Japan
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

PSIBRG

Re: Rah - JZX91

Post by PSIBRG »

Wish I had something cool to update with...

Can't drift cause engine mounts are still rooted. Gotta get onto that asap. Killed my power steering pump a few months ago, bought a replacement 2nd hand one for bloody $225. Now it's making the same noises as my old one :| Anyone got one sitting around for a non turbo JZ?

No new pics so heres one of my Cyborg

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

best choice of wheels. 8-)

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Hey mate, dunno how urgently you need one, but I got some spare 2JZ PS pumps landed from Japan for about $90 each, could always hit up yahoo if you can wait a while for a replacement?

As for engine mounts, TRD items? Or get solid ones made up... not sure if those ones are the same as A70 ones (ie. both bolts are directly in line with each other?)...

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Tofu wrote:best choice of wheels. 8-)
Haha thanks, took ages to find a decent set that 1) wouldn't be too mexican, and 2) not staggered (4WD + different wheel sizes = :( )
Looonie wrote:Hey mate, dunno how urgently you need one, but I got some spare 2JZ PS pumps landed from Japan for about $90 each, could always hit up yahoo if you can wait a while for a replacement?

As for engine mounts, TRD items? Or get solid ones made up... not sure if those ones are the same as A70 ones (ie. both bolts are directly in line with each other?)...
Sweet, it's not too urgent at the moment but i'd say the pump will die the next time I try drifting it. Even then, it's surprisingly easy to drive with no power steering once it's moving :lol: Yeah I might hit up Yahoo, but at the moment i'm thinking i'll just get this pump rebuilt otherwise i'm just gonna keep killing them.

TRD mounts are too expensive. Might talk to Mount Shop, see if they do any aftermarket options, otherwise i've got my eyes on these:
http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/toyota/ ... zgte_2jzge

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Thought i'd treat the car to some new rocker cover gaskets since they've been leaking since I bought it :lol: Props to Toyota for putting the intake manifold/TB in the way :lol:

Had a little 'holy fuck' moment when I pulled the centre piece off and saw the spark plugs literally drowning in oil. Guess I should've done this sooner :lol:

Replaced the rocker cover covers with some spares which I had painted up in Mitsi Evo 10 Orient Red a while ago. Wouldn't mind doing the whole car in this colour actually, looks pretty good in the sun.

Plugs were crusty as fark OEM platinum ones, probably the originals from when the motor was brand new? Swapped in some replacement coppers. Actually seems to run a bit smoother now

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Sitting on BC Golds now. Not the easiest thing to daily drive at this height :lol: handles amazing though. Rides really nice too, was expecting it to be pretty bone jarring with 14kg springs up front and 10kg rear but it still has that cruisy JZX feel to it. Just had it aligned, wanted around -2deg camber front and -1.5 rear but ended up with -3 all round, couldn't get any less than that at this height. Guess I should invest in some aftermarket arms sometime...

Also replaced the engine mount that I broke at the last drift day. Turns out it's impossible to find a 2nd hand JZX90 mount, what I ended up with was a mount from a GX81 (I think) with a 1GGTE. Turns out it's a perfect fit, you just have to grind one of the locator pins off to fit the JZX90 bracket onto it, and then install it upside down. Works perfect and will do the trick till I decide to buy a pair of Vibra-Technics mounts. I forgot what it was like to take a corner without feeling the motor pulling the opposite way :|

This is meant to be one piece :lol:

driftouteast

Post by driftouteast »

Fuck yea. Looks sweet at that height

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

The replacement engine mount literally lasted about 5 minutes of sideways before it ripped in half :lol:
Guess it's time to go solid mounts