My new JZX110 from Aussie

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
davealdworth

Re: My new JZX110 from Aussie

Post by davealdworth »

Yea it was discussed a lot before i even made the purchase of the car The trouble is the cost of shipping the airbag because they cant be flown and have to be shipped due to the charge in them. And I have argued with them a fair bit about why its taken so long so I'm not paying them any more money and am going to get refunded a heap cause they are 2 months late on delivery so that's a whole separate issue

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Will a Altezza wheel fit? and can be used with the air bag?

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

The series 2 supra trd wheels and the altezza wheels will fit the problem is the airbag wiring. Aussie law dictates that no air bag wiring is allowed to be cut, modified or alltered in any way other than a full plug and play loom. It's a pain in the ass that its taking so long but at least they are not doing any dodgy work around the issues

1400r

Post by 1400r »

surely someone off jzx100.com local would lend you one

if you lend them your aftermarket wheel as a replacement till your done and you give em $100 or something

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

yea, but cause of the rules over here no one is keen to swap wheels. If a car that has an airbagged wheel is fitted with an aftermarket one insurance is voided automatically and coppers will be right on your case. It's getting sorted I've bought a brand new 3 spoke wheel with airbag to suit the 110 and clock spring to go with it. The clock spring is where the issue is the 110's and Verossa's are the only Toyota's to have that airbag connection and they cant just be cut. This way I have a real wheel for the track and a good wheel for the streets

1400r

Post by 1400r »

never heard that and I work for a insurance company

it'd be the having no window wipers on a sunny day

did it contribute to the accident or the damage (maybe to your face) if not no affect on the insurance

cops would defect you though but really who looks at a stock 110

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Haha this is far from stock and it's only going to get worse

As for the insurance thats just what I have been told by Just car and even Top Secret said that. But I'll see how it goes either way in order to get compliance here in Aus I need the steering wheel and there's no way to shortcut it unfortunately plus its getting complied in NSW where Top Secret are and I still need the wheel for rego transfer to SA.

So all going well the new wheel will be arriving soon (a week or so apparently) and hopefully it will be ready to go in around 2 weeks but I'm really not holding my breath. Pretty dissapointed in Top Secret to be honest, such a great reputation yet they can't even find me a bloody steering wheel

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Car is complied and shipping arranged for arrival in Adelaide next week. FINALLLY some progress what a bloody hassle. Spare steering wheel is on the way from Nick at NST so if the coppers give me hell then I'll just chuck it in and get rid of the race wheel. More pictures to arrive once I have my South Australia plates on and ready to go

1400r

Post by 1400r »

join up on jzx100.com and come to a meet

trying to make sure a few of us 110 owners turn up this time round

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Yea will do. Just need to get an email address that actually work on JZX100.com.

In other news, car is on the truck on Monday morning and will be in Adel by the time I get out of the desert on Thursday so YAY!!

All my parts are ready for fitment so next weekend is going to be flat out and also picked up a little something else thanks to yahoo.... why do they always show such nice and interesting things on there??