XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
Max Power

Re: XQUSIS: Tristan's Mark II JZX110 IR-V

Post by Max Power »

What kinda differences did you find with that dirty cat gone? Looks aftermarket, what size exhaust have you got on there to start with?
Some dyno runs before and after replacing my front pipe/cat gave me about 7ish rwkw and a little more boost. Plus it sounds a lot better :D

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Weird aye?!?

anyways, the car is just a tad bit noisier than before. eg. before, when the engine is warm and it's idling, I can barely hear the exhaust. now I can. Don't know how it sounds outside when revving but inside it's almost the same as before (it's still quiet-ish). Oh btw, I has a 3" HKS silent hi-power muffler.

I gave it a good sprint earlier today and it feels a bit stronger. cheap HP :mrgreen:

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

I need your help guys...

spend 8k for a manual conversion or spend the same money to bring the car up to 300kw but auto? I priced up a complete manual conversion and apparently it's 8k parts only. hard to find a jzx110 used manual conversion... ugh :oops:

dom

Post by dom »

You can convert it to manual for half that price if you get used parts. The only problem would be the interior bits which i'm guessing you'll have to get new.

Once its manual you'll most likely be happy with the power it puts out now(for the time being), which is wasted being in front of an auto ;)

Alex

Post by Alex »

if you get your factory turbo steel wheeled it should only set you back a couple g
get my injectors and rail + power fc and tune.. 5-6k max

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Going manual gives you more power anyway so thats a win win

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Alex wrote:if you get your factory turbo steel wheeled it should only set you back a couple g
get my injectors and rail + power fc and tune.. 5-6k max

the New Tomei ARMS M8280 bolt on kit for 1jzgte is only 1900 bux and capable of doing 450hp with just CAMS and an ECU tune... check the Tomei website ;)
dom wrote:You can convert it to manual for half that price if you get used parts. The only problem would be the interior bits which i'm guessing you'll have to get new.

Once its manual you'll most likely be happy with the power it puts out now(for the time being), which is wasted being in front of an auto ;)
I went to Japspares today and apparently they have 3 conversion kits that just arrived. 2x x100 and 1x x90. I'm pretty sure the important bits will fit my x110:

gearbox
flywheel
clutch
front tailshaft

I dont know about the others like pedals? master cylinder? but this can be sourced individually.

the conversion kit will cost $3500 + parts that aren't transferrable to the 110. Might have to go with this option.

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

[quote="murdoko]
the New Tomei ARMS M8280 bolt on kit for 1jzgte is only 1900 bux and capable of doing 450hp with just CAMS and an ECU tune... check the Tomei website ;)
[/quote]

I'm thinking of this kit as well for mine as you can keep the standard manifold and dump pipe.
It's about $2500 shipped to NZ last I checked.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

Tofu wrote:[quote="murdoko]
I'm thinking of this kit as well for mine as you can keep the standard manifold and dump pipe.
It's about $2500 shipped to NZ last I checked.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Just go to ST-HiTEC got quoted $1900... they're an approved distributor of TOMEI products. Way better than steel-wheeling a stock turbo. It may look small but I think it's a perfect match for the 1JZ thats why it put out 450hp at the crank with just CAMs intercooler and exhaust + ECU tune...

Also, $3500 for ECU + Dyno tune package

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Convert to manual! Just doing that will make you feel like you have gained a ton of KW's. Where did you get the 8K price for parts???
Those tomei arms turbos seem to be very popular at the moment, especially in Australia. Looks to be a good piece of gear!