Shanon's JZX110

Area for JZX NZ members to show off their rides
DoriBippu

Re: Shanon's JZX110

Post by DoriBippu »

Ah yeah, good old wildlife on front bumpers! One time i hit a massive hare.. fully messed up the front of my old soarer.

Ah yep, work vehicles sure make life easier!

Cheers Andrew,
Ill probably go with something close to what your running, will swap this weekend if i get time, then try get a cert. before i get stickered.

Spacers sound like they could be a definate mate, so ill hit you up about them if im going to be heading down.
2000 JZX110 Mark2 I-RV

DoriBippu

Post by DoriBippu »

Just a quick update.

She's now sitting quite low, got stuck on the brake rollers when i went to fail my wof.

Spaced the rears out a bit. Tried some bigger wheels on it, but i didnt really like the look they gave it, so i'm gunna leave it pretty much as is.

Somehow it passed cert, so hopefully when the plate turns up ill come down on a tuesday.

Apparantly on coilovers, as low as you can have it, is when if there were no tyres on the rims, there has to be more than 5mm between the chassis and the ground.

It's sitting at 6mm on the inside of the wheels, and -6mm on the outside.
Bascially a grey area, and definately as low as you can have a X110.

My crap photo's don't do it any justice.
I'll try get some better pictures, or maybe you'll just have to see it in person.

Sweet. :)
2000 JZX110 Mark2 I-RV

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Nice car bro, I keep looking for a factory aero kit for mine until I get my Kazama kit. What PSI do you dial in with your EVC?

DoriBippu

Post by DoriBippu »

shweatypox wrote:Nice car bro, I keep looking for a factory aero kit for mine until I get my Kazama kit. What PSI do you dial in with your EVC?

Thanks mate.

The Kazama kit for the X110 is nice as, you got one on the way? Ill havta see it when you've got it all done!

Before intercooler was 9PSI, then with the FMIC i found as low as i could get it to baseline boost was 12PSI, so that's my low setting.

High's just 15PSI so i don't fry the ceramic turbo, but at one stage i had it at 18PSI without any troubles. Probably no good for it though. If it lets go, ill just get a bigger, steel-wheeler.

Cheers.
2000 JZX110 Mark2 I-RV

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

DoriBippu wrote:
shweatypox wrote:Nice car bro, I keep looking for a factory aero kit for mine until I get my Kazama kit. What PSI do you dial in with your EVC?

Thanks mate.

The Kazama kit for the X110 is nice as, you got one on the way? Ill havta see it when you've got it all done!

Before intercooler was 9PSI, then with the FMIC i found as low as i could get it to baseline boost was 12PSI, so that's my low setting.

High's just 15PSI so i don't fry the ceramic turbo, but at one stage i had it at 18PSI without any troubles. Probably no good for it though. If it lets go, ill just get a bigger, steel-wheeler.

Cheers.
Not on the way.....yet. Just building up my Japanese to get list :) Hopefully within the next 3 or so months. I'm looking at putting my EVC in the car very soon, I got the FMIC sitting there as well, just gotta work out the piping part

DoriBippu

Post by DoriBippu »

Ah yeah, ive got a long to get list for me waiting there.

Any questons you have about the EVC let me know mate, i've got X110 ECU wiring diagrams and stuff if you need them, showing which wires you need to tap into. Otherwise i can take pics of mine for you. Took me freaking ages to work it out without them.

Also, don't cut your front bumper support to put your intercooler on!
I did, and got pulled up on it for my cert.

Instead, I had to make 2 x 30mm(thick)x100mm(high)x95mm(wide) solid alloy spacers to go on the chassis end's, the certy people seem pretty happy with that, and it still (just) fits behind the bumper cover.

Any way i can help let me know.
2000 JZX110 Mark2 I-RV

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Yeah man, if you dont mind, the only reason I havent done it yet is because I didnt want to piss around wiring it up :D When I work out how to remove the front bumper (or actually have time to remove it) I was going to mount the IC between the support bar and bumper. Just need to take it off first to see how much adjusting I need to do. Any photos or stuff you have on the piping routes and stuff would be cool.

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Looks real good man! Do you have any issues with the front arms hitting the chassis and did the cert guy check clearances there?

DoriBippu

Post by DoriBippu »

shweatypox wrote:Yeah man, if you dont mind, the only reason I havent done it yet is because I didnt want to piss around wiring it up :D When I work out how to remove the front bumper (or actually have time to remove it) I was going to mount the IC between the support bar and bumper. Just need to take it off first to see how much adjusting I need to do. Any photos or stuff you have on the piping routes and stuff would be cool.
Sweet bro i'll get those diagrams tonight for you.

Front Bumpers easy enough, 8 or so screws along the bottom lip, three clips where the grill is, and one screw either end where the bumper meets the guards. Takes 5 mins to get off tops.
WATDA wrote:Looks real good man! Do you have any issues with the front arms hitting the chassis and did the cert guy check clearances there?
Cheers bro! Almost your car's twin, except no where near as epic.. :o

Yeah, the upper arms do have a small tendancy to smack into the top of the chassis/wheel arches... I managed to massage the tops of the inners a bit to get a bit more clearance up there, but to be honest, the cert guy never checked it anyway.

It only bottoms out now on huggeee bumps at serious speed, so I dont really care that much, just makes a small knock, doesnt seem to affect handling or anything.

Does yours do it too bro?
2000 JZX110 Mark2 I-RV

DoriBippu

Post by DoriBippu »

Shweaty, hope this helps out a bit.
If you send me your email address i can email you the entire diagram, but these are the pics of the main parts you need to know.

Excuse my crap quick writing, i'd planned on being the only one who was going to be having to read it! :)
2000 JZX110 Mark2 I-RV