4 n R Discussion Thread

Discussion of JZX NZ meets and other events

Moderator: PowderJZX

Waz

Re: 4 n R Discussion Thread

Post by Waz »

think i'd much rather slam my dick in a car door than put my car in a show for 18 year olds

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

noone wants to see standard cars in a car show. if you have full bodywork, panel and paint, and pushing 300wkw, and your car has character, then you might have something - if u just got springs and airfilter, i think stay at home ;)

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

well I really see this show as exposure for our club. I don't know if Thomas already mentioned something about "club of the year" but we must be underestimating how rare our cars are. For us, spotting JZXs is nothing coz we see them everyday. However, to some, seeing the majority of JZXs in the country parked together within a few cubic meters would be a sight to see.

I believe we've got a pretty good lineup like Peter's VR25, Andrew's 110, etc etc...

Come to think of it, there's gotta be a reason why they invited us at the first place... ;)

MrOizo

Post by MrOizo »

As long as you guys arent against a JZA70 i'd be keen. By then i should have it going :lol:

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

MrOizo wrote:As long as you guys arent against a JZA70 i'd be keen. By then i should have it going :lol:

but yours is no ordinary a70 dude

just imagine who many dark green x100 will be in the line up.....have to stagger the cars mix up with nigels,doms and alex's cars

but some more details will be good
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

twojayzeejza

Post by twojayzeejza »

what the dates? may have my car all the same colour by then, and magz
Toyota Supra JZA80 1996 manual turbo

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

murdoko wrote:well I really see this show as exposure for our club. I don't know if Thomas already mentioned something about "club of the year" but we must be underestimating how rare our cars are. For us, spotting JZXs is nothing coz we see them everyday. However, to some, seeing the majority of JZXs in the country parked together within a few cubic meters would be a sight to see.

I believe we've got a pretty good lineup like Peter's VR25, Andrew's 110, etc etc...

Come to think of it, there's gotta be a reason why they invited us at the first place... ;)

"rarity" alone does not a 'club of the year' maketh.

this club was invited probably because people associate JZX's with images like this.

is that what we have? so what/who are we intending to show, to live up to this?

theres nothing wrong with not having $10000000 to spend on your car, we are all students/working/got lives to pay for and we cant all be ballers rolling round in the blinged out rides - thats not what im getting at. im just saying, be humble, recognise that most members may not have a completed car thats worthy of the public associating the club name to. so if it aint done, dont show it, or at least, dont associate a club name to mediocrity.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

ive been going to the 4&R show and other car shows in the scene since 1998, and i have presented a car and set up a club stand at 2 of them, and won club display of the show and various awards. so i know what it takes to set up and win a winning club stand, and ive seen what it takes to set up a shit clubstand that only ruins the name of the club. those ones that flood a show with crap cars usually never return. this is back in the day when there was no facebook - and the trashtalk was huge. so i can only imagine it amplified a million times with facebook now allowing people to post their opinions instantly all over the web.

if you want to set up a stand its more than just getting cars to show up and park together - this isnt a meet. there is the floor setup, props, lighting, signage, a proper theme, all to consider. all this takes a ton of planning, conceptualising and above all, extra cost. we had to pay for all our materials and signage ourselves and it took a shitload of work to set up and pull off. if you want to do it properly.

show goers walk in, see a row of unfinished, scratched, dented, otherwise unremarkable cars, with a club banner on top, with no theme, no setup, etc, all they have to do is take a photo on their phone, upload to FB with some comment about "check out these wannabes/losers" or some other disparaging comment, and instantly when you are seen with JZXNZ sticker on your car, you look like a fool.

if you just wana rock up and park and expect big things for the club, i guess what im trying to say here is that youre going to set the club up for failure. so im just trying to warn against what i have seen time and again in the past. its good to be enthusiastic and all excited about this, hey it always is, the first time. but ive been there, done that, and i know that enthusiasm and half finished cars alone is not gona work :/

end of the day, anyone who is passionate about this should go ahead and show their car. all im saying is, be aware of the consequences. not just for you but everyone with that JZX sticker.

l SIC l

Post by l SIC l »

That was a 'tough love' message right there. But I get what what he's saying... if we know this, the general public at the event will be ten times harsher. I reckon we need just that little bit longer to get everyone's cars sorted out before we go in to an event like this, to portray the image we want our club to be known for from now on.

An event like this is a huge moment for the club in our local scene, it will determine how people will take us - that's why we should wait before stepping up to an event like this half-prepared.

We all want to see the club expand, and I think we should start off in the little-leagues rather than throwing ourselves in to the Super Bowl before we are ready. Let's go to this event as spectators and take ideas away with us and come back next year ready :)
1995 Toyota Supra - Twin-turbo - 6-speed - Aerotop
No ABS. No Traction Control.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

l SIC l wrote:That was a 'tough love' message right there. But I get what what he's saying... if we know this, the general public at the event will be ten times harsher. I reckon we need just that little bit longer to get everyone's cars sorted out before we go in to an event like this, to portray the image we want our club to be known for from now on.

An event like this is a huge moment for the club in our local scene, it will determine how people will take us - that's why we should wait before stepping up to an event like this half-prepared.

We all want to see the club expand, and I think we should start off in the little-leagues rather than throwing ourselves in to the Super Bowl before we are ready. Let's go to this event as spectators and take ideas away with us and come back next year ready :)
+1