Rear swaybar upgrade for GX90/JZX90/JZX91/JZX93/LX90/SX90

Genuine Toyota parts, Performance Parts, Tires, Servicing etc..

Moderators: PowderJZX, xnickx, VR25

xnickx

Rear swaybar upgrade for GX90/JZX90/JZX91/JZX93/LX90/SX90

Post by xnickx »

As you most will know, only the Tourer V and Tourer S JZX90 models had a rear swaybar factory fitted, have been asked by a few members now for prices for the parts required to add a rear swaybar, apart from the bar itself, from what I can gather, you will need these 3 parts:

Prices for those (each)

You will 2 of each, prices valid for JZX members with the JZX sticker only.

So at RRP, for all of those items:
$675.28+GST

For JZX NZ members:
$234.00+GST

Saving over 65% off RRP!

All you need then is a rear swaybar!

If you are going for a aftermarket new swaybar (E.G. Cusco rear swaybar), they will include new bushes so you can do away with the bushes above!

These are currently (28/01/2011) ex Japan, so would take approx 10-15 working days to get to me from Japan, a minimum 50% deposit is required before any parts are ordered

Please read here before posting/order etc:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=165

xnickx

Re: Rear swaybar upgrade for GX90/JZX90/JZX91/JZX93/LX90/SX9

Post by xnickx »

1 thing we are currently unsure about, is the lower arm for the swaybar link, can anyone WITHOUT a factory rear bar or their #X90 confirm that there is a tab there for the link to mount onto please.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Nick

dom

Post by dom »

From what I found when I was trying to find replacement lower camber arms for my chaser, was that models with no factory sway bar didn't have the tab for the sway bar link. I remember getting prices on new ones and they were ridiculously high (perhaps jzxnz should have been around then :roll:)

I went aftermarket in the end, as the main reason for me needing replacement ones was that my cusco swaybar had torn metal tabs off the lower arms from three-wheeling into driveways etc and I had to get them welded up. The aftermarket ones I have now are real solid tabs which I hope wont suffer from the same weakness.

xnickx

Post by xnickx »

If needed I can also supply aftermarket camber adjustable rear lower arms WITH the tab on them!

RRP - $295.00 for the pair
JZX NZ - $250.00 for the pair
(including GST)

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

yea.. just checked. seems like thats the assembly we need to get the rear swaybar in.. i'll reserve one for march :P
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Heya Nick, confirmed that to install a rear swaybar you need the arms from a Tourer (S or V) model and swaybar linkages.

Most aftermarket swaybars should come with the D-bush and D-bracket as the diameter of these parts is usually specific to the diameter of the swaybar.

xnickx

Post by xnickx »

PowderJZX wrote:yea.. just checked. seems like thats the assembly we need to get the rear swaybar in.. i'll reserve one for march
Looonie wrote:Heya Nick, confirmed that to install a rear swaybar you need the arms from a Tourer (S or V) model and swaybar linkages.
Brilliant thanks for that guys :) , there you go, you will need either the Tourer S/V lower arms or the adjustable arms I offer above

Looonie wrote:Most aftermarket swaybars should come with the D-bush and D-bracket as the diameter of these parts is usually specific to the diameter of the swaybar.
Thanks bud, yes, correct with the bushes, as above:
xnickx wrote:If you are going for a aftermarket new swaybar (E.G. Cusco rear swaybar), they will include new bushes so you can do away with the bushes above!