Aftermarket seats in JZX91

When driving your car just isn't enough...
joecefiro

Aftermarket seats in JZX91

Post by joecefiro »

Hi there, Im am wondering who has changed to aftermarket seats and If I could ask a few questions about the seat rails.. i.e Can you buy them to suit Jamex/recaro style seats or do the factory rails have to be modified. Has anyone seen seats out of another model (altezza?) fitted as if the rails were the same I could use aftermarket ones for them.. any help much appreciated, cheers.

Skitzo

Re: Aftermarket seats in JZX91

Post by Skitzo »

JZX90 and JZX100 aftermarket seat rails are the same. You just need to get a rail to suit the mounting style of the seat you have. I have a Recaro A8 in my 90. Is bottom mount, so i just grabbed a Bride bottom mount rail. Went in sweet with no problems.

xMRWHIPPIEx

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

I am looking at getting hold of some CL1/CL7 Euro R Recaro's for my x90.

can anyone tell me what series the Recaros are? (SR3's or whatever)

just needing to suss a little caaaash before i buy seats and rails.
Jack of not much, master of fuck all

gtivvl

Post by gtivvl »

think cl1 are sr4, but they suck I got them in my car. They aren't flat at the bottom so if you got rails where the mount and slider is 1 piece you need to add a spacer to make sure the seat will actually slide. Better to get aftermarket or sr3 recaros that are flat at the bottom.

xMRWHIPPIEx

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

dang.

but they're so damn comfortable! i kinda miss my old Euro R for that reason alone haha.

maybe some of the black EK9 Type R SR3's then.

cheers man!

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

gtivvl wrote:think cl1 are sr4, but they suck I got them in my car. They aren't flat at the bottom so if you got rails where the mount and slider is 1 piece you need to add a spacer to make sure the seat will actually slide. Better to get aftermarket or sr3 recaros that are flat at the bottom.

Interesting to know, I was contemplating selling my sr3s and getting the CL1 style seats.

xMRWHIPPIEx

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

Tofu wrote:
gtivvl wrote:think cl1 are sr4, but they suck I got them in my car. They aren't flat at the bottom so if you got rails where the mount and slider is 1 piece you need to add a spacer to make sure the seat will actually slide. Better to get aftermarket or sr3 recaros that are flat at the bottom.

Interesting to know, I was contemplating selling my sr3s and getting the CL1 style seats.

i loved the seats in my CL1, so i will probably make the extra effort to make them work.

plus that 'greeny' sort-of coloured mesh suits the already green interior of my Cresta