Funny noise from my work hack

When driving your car just isn't enough...
shweatypox

Funny noise from my work hack

Post by shweatypox »

I have an electronic noise coming from below my steering wheel in my Corolla Fielder. It sounds a bit like an electric motor getting stuck. Does anyone know what it could be?

speedracer_nz

Re: Funny noise from my work hack

Post by speedracer_nz »

got an alarm? prob a relay bouncing across its contacts. often alarm internal relays click like crazy just before they say no more. if you don't have an alarm then :shock: could be so many other things aye

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

no alarm, it's weird, know how you change the air con air flow between modes and you can hear the electrics redirecting, its a bit like that but the noise comes from the bottom left area of my steering wheel. Ill have to have a really good look as I can't see anything under there :?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Just do what i do when one of my cars starts making weird noises. Turn the stereo up louder! :lol:
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

dom

Post by dom »

PSIBRG wrote:Just do what i do when one of my cars starts making weird noises. Turn the stereo up louder! :lol:
Haha yeh i remember when i put the silencer back in my exhaust for a while and noticed all the bad sounding noises my car made :cry: it was easier to just take the silencer out again :lol:

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

PSIBRG wrote:Just do what i do when one of my cars starts making weird noises. Turn the stereo up louder! :lol:
haha, thats what Ive done for the last 10 months or so :) just curious now

Dwight

Post by Dwight »

Really this noise is listening like drum so you change the air con air flow between modes and you can hear the electrics redirecting, its a bit like that but the noise comes from the bottom left area of my steering wheel this is my personal suggestion for you.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Dwight wrote:Really this noise is listening like drum so you change the air con air flow between modes and you can hear the electrics redirecting, its a bit like that but the noise comes from the bottom left area of my steering wheel this is my personal suggestion for you.
Dwight do you watch the rugby world cup last yr? who was your fave player?