JZX110 Rear Speaker Removal (6x9)

When driving your car just isn't enough...
Alex

Re: JZX110 Rear Speaker Removal (6x9)

Post by Alex »

probably not worth replacing then.
im guessing you dont have the factory sub?
just amp your factory fronts... im running 150+ rms into each of mine
and they sound amazing. ( decent SQ headunit too though )

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

i do have the factory subs... its just that I have a set of 6x9 fusion powerplants (top of the line) sitting around for aages and I really really just want to use them! haha

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

no factory sub in mine :( All my sounds are still in my Honda, I should really move them :)

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Anyone have any further information on this? Looking at fitting my soundstream gear soon and keen to hear some feedback from anyone else that's done it. Also the factory fronts on mine are rivetted to the door, has anyone else found this? I'm making a new frame up for the fronts but just seemed a little odd how the speakers are rivetted in not bolted or screwed.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

I gave up trying to remove the rear speakers :(

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

lol well thats not helpfull at all. I'm going to give it a bash next week i reckon and see hos it goes. I just hate taking this car apart all the time

Matt K

Post by Matt K »

i know fck all about the 110.

just tried to fit a parcel shelf sub in my 90, had issues trying to get the shelf out. stop light was in the way, had to sneak a 10mm spanner under the tray and remove 2 bolts holding the stop light on.

probably something similar to the 110.

AE86

Post by AE86 »

haha, ive just done all this to my jzx110, and once your figure it out the rear parcel shelf aint that bad...

you need to remove the rear seat, so pop the mounts on the seat base and lift out
then remove the 4 10mm headed bolts from the bottom of the rear seat upper ( one each side and 2 in the middle ) then youll need a trim clip remover or just a flat head and pop the clips that hold the seat belts in place at the top of the rear seat, then lift the seat out of the car ( easier with two people.

Next you need to remove the C pillar interior panels they just pop off, use your trim clip remover and remove the push in clip at the bottom of the panel, then gently pull it off, but not all the way ( there is a really firm clip at the top of the panel that will tear out if you yank it, so grab a pry bar and lift the panel up a little and youll see the clip, pry that off from the inside and the panel will pop right off ) then do the same for the other side..

almost there, now you have both C pillar trim panels out, you can just lift and pull the parcel tray out... then the sound deading mat thingy and TADA.. theres ya speakers!! held in with 4 10mm headed bolts.

Now the fronts, just remove the door trims as usual...
Pop the little nut cover at the front of the door trim near the dash ( there is a 8mm headed screw under it )
Pop the little screw cover off the door handle and remove the phillips screw
Grab ya flat head and pop the outer cover off the door handle ( top and bottom to remove it )
Just pop the Grab handle/window switch out ( just clips in ) and unclip the loom
Behind there are two phillips screws holding the door trim on, so remove them and your almost done
Now just pop the door trim off and lift out

The front speakers are riveted to the door, that plastic holder is the actual frame of the speaker.. so i just drilled out the rivets, and popped the speaker off.

This is where i was like now how do i mount a 6" component without it hitting the window, so i flip the factory speaker over and cut the frame of the speaker away, removed the cone and used that as my mount... suits 6" speakers perfect, and just screwed my component straight to the factory speaker frame.. Once you get it out, you'll see what i mean.

sorry i didnt get pics, but i was to caught up in just getting them in so i could get home and sleep :P

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

This is very handy info

Thanks man

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

nice one, will get to this eventually :)