Autolock of doors

When driving your car just isn't enough...
shweatypox

Re: Autolock of doors

Post by shweatypox »

no window wind downs on my jzx110, maybe the ir-v's do it?

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Max Power wrote:Not really related but do you know about the window control feature thing?
On your drivers door (100 or 110) use the key and hold it locked or unlocked to operate the window :P
i never knew this! i tried it the other day and it worked intermittently...... what are you supposed to do - hold it unlocked to wind up, hold it locked to wind down?? or do you need to move the key around in the lock or something? i was twistign it this way and that and managed to get the window down part way but didnt understand what i did to do that..... the rest of the time the car was wildly locking and unlocking at random.. hahaha

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

lofreq wrote:
Max Power wrote:Not really related but do you know about the window control feature thing?
On your drivers door (100 or 110) use the key and hold it locked or unlocked to operate the window :P
i never knew this! i tried it the other day and it worked intermittently...... what are you supposed to do - hold it unlocked to wind up, hold it locked to wind down?? or do you need to move the key around in the lock or something? i was twistign it this way and that and managed to get the window down part way but didnt understand what i did to do that..... the rest of the time the car was wildly locking and unlocking at random.. hahaha
The opposite, hold the key in the unlock position until the window is all the way down, hold in lock position to put it up. Mine takes ages before it does anything.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Ohhhhh dumb, I thought you meant hold the buttons on the key ;) mine winds up and down, don't see the point :?

Alex

Post by Alex »

so you dont have to get into the car and turn the ignition on to wind the window up or down
if you forget or need to cool the car on a hot day.. or if it starts raining etc..
saves time

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

I like the option on some of the old Toyotas when you switch the car off, you open the drivers door and the electrics come back on to wind your windows up or down

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Alex wrote:so you dont have to get into the car and turn the ignition on to wind the window up or down
if you forget or need to cool the car on a hot day.. or if it starts raining etc..
saves time
True, be good if it did all the windows tho

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

shweatypox wrote:I like the option on some of the old Toyotas when you switch the car off, you open the drivers door and the electrics come back on to wind your windows up or down
My drivers window and sunroof (fuck yeah sunroof, how many people have sunroofs?) continue to operate for about 30 seconds after turning the ignition off. I think it was the same on my fxgt.

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Well my car is 25 years old so ive got some crude basic metal key, but it has this awesome feature where you put the key into the lock and then as you turn it the doors lock and unlock!!!!!
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Bosozoku_GX71 wrote:Well my car is 25 years old so ive got some crude basic metal key, but it has this awesome feature where you put the key into the lock and then as you turn it the doors lock and unlock!!!!!
Damn, I need that mod for my Drivers door on my Integra, I cant use the key in lock trick after some f##k tried to rip me off in H'Town