Autolock of doors

When driving your car just isn't enough...
shweatypox

Autolock of doors

Post by shweatypox »

My jzx110 has a thing of autolocking the doors at a certain speed, thats not the problem, the problem is when I stop the car they don't auto-unlock. Is this suppose to happen? or is it suppose to stay locked until I open it. It's fine for the driver but a pain in the arse for passengers.

ch4sernz

Re: Autolock of doors

Post by ch4sernz »

My JZX100 autolocks and doesnt unlock.

But i remember reading somewhere how to disable it, pretty sure it was on JZX100.com forum

Logan

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

its supposed to stay locked. as the driver you hit the 'unlock all' switch on the door and then all passengers are free to go :)

auto unlock would not be a good idea in most situations if you come to a stop with kids in the back and the doors unlock at the lights or something, you can see it would be better for the driver to control when to unlock the doors

my problem is the sensor for the locks on mine seems to be playing up - when the keys are in the ignition and the doors are closed, but motor off, the car attempts to unlock the doors (so you dont lock the keys in the car) - however mine sits there trying to unlock constantly, as if it doesnt realise it unlocked it on the first try. so it sits there going "unlock....unlock...unlock...." until you click the key into ON position or pull the keys out.

anyone know where the sensor is??? im guessing its gotten a bit of a shitty contact surface or something...

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

On the 100 the door will unlock when you pull the interior door handle. At least I know my drivers one does. Maybe its broken.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

only the drivers door does that. a feature ive seen in other cars too not just chasers/toyotas, i think its a japanese thing, for convenience of the driver. but all other occupants have to unlock manually if the door is locked

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

shweatypox wrote:My jzx110 has a thing of autolocking the doors at a certain speed, thats not the problem, the problem is when I stop the car they don't auto-unlock. Is this suppose to happen? or is it suppose to stay locked until I open it. It's fine for the driver but a pain in the arse for passengers.
SimonMkII wrote:On the 100 the door will unlock when you pull the interior door handle. At least I know my drivers one does. Maybe its broken.
My 1995 Crown does the same thing so dont panic, its factory

Max Power

Post by Max Power »

Not really related but do you know about the window control feature thing?
On your drivers door (100 or 110) use the key and hold it locked or unlocked to operate the window :P

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Max Power wrote:Not really related but do you know about the window control feature thing?
On your drivers door (100 or 110) use the key and hold it locked or unlocked to operate the window :P
I loved that feature on my old mans S5 Schnitzer, you hold the unlock and it would wind all the windows down. Great in the summer.

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

lofreq wrote:only the drivers door does that. a feature ive seen in other cars too not just chasers/toyotas, i think its a japanese thing, for convenience of the driver. but all other occupants have to unlock manually if the door is locked
mine does it as well :P
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

Max Power wrote:Not really related but do you know about the window control feature thing?
I think the series 2 jzx100's wind down all windows?