JZX110 - Mulitvision with aftermarket headunit

When driving your car just isn't enough...
Max Power

JZX110 - Mulitvision with aftermarket headunit

Post by Max Power »

Some JZX110s have a mulitivision setup (Navi, tv, aircon plus more). If you replace the factory stereo this will stop working... which is a pain if you want to adjust the aircon!

There is a fix for this, all it requires is a 120 OHMS 1 Watt resistor. Jam the resistor in the right place in the plug and your back in business

Also if anyone has managed to flash one of these units to english can you give me some info on how to?

murdoko

Re: JZX110 - Mulitvision with aftermarket headunit

Post by murdoko »

hey mate, thanks for the tip! just wondering if you got your DVD and TV to work on NZ stuff?

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

this reminds me of the trick I did to disable the Boost Cut in my GT4 Celica
:) nice tip

Max Power

Post by Max Power »

Nothing else seems to do anything, not sure what is suppose to work here in NZ.
Got no TV signals, also Is the DVD-Rom in the glovebox just for the navi (which also does nothing)?

There is a cat on the JZX world forums who got some aftermarket setup hooked up to make the best use of the screen. It actually seems like a pretty decent screen from some of videos I have seen on youtube, would be nice to get it to do more than tell me about the aircon...

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Ive got tv tuner hooked up to my screen, Full freeview channels!!!
PM me if you want one as i have a extra tuner

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

WATDA wrote:Ive got tv tuner hooked up to my screen, Full freeview channels!!!
PM me if you want one as i have a extra tuner
Make's me want to put a TV in the 100 just for Freeview, just got it for the house and it's awesome, let alone inside a car! haha.

AlyInUnderland

Post by AlyInUnderland »

Hi - just joined to ask this question since there's not much of an import Toyota community in Australia, hope you don't mind =]

I'm trying to make the factory satnav on a UZS171 Crown Majesta (very similar unit to that on the JZX110) work in Australia, but just putting in the WhereIs DVD still returned me an error saying the disc is not a map disc.

Is there any way to modify something to make the factory DVD satnav work locally?

Thanks in advance,
Aly

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

AlyInUnderland wrote:Hi - just joined to ask this question since there's not much of an import Toyota community in Australia, hope you don't mind =]

I'm trying to make the factory satnav on a UZS171 Crown Majesta (very similar unit to that on the JZX110) work in Australia, but just putting in the WhereIs DVD still returned me an error saying the disc is not a map disc.

Is there any way to modify something to make the factory DVD satnav work locally?

Thanks in advance,
Aly

no. have been tried a few times by other people to no success

AlyInUnderland

Post by AlyInUnderland »

Hey, thanks for the reply, though this isn't good news. =[
Have ordered an old Japanese map disc to at least make the constant error message go away.

Though, I stumbled upon this post on a different forum:
http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/in ... topic=9028
where a user claims that by using the diagnostics menu in a Japanese or American Denso DVD nav one can change the operating region "for full whereis compatibility".

Is it safe to assume that this menu he talks about doesn't exist in the early-2000s models? I don't think I can get to the diagnostics without a map disc. =/

Thanks again,
Aly