New sounds install

When driving your car just isn't enough...
Alex

Re: New sounds install

Post by Alex »

PowderJZX wrote:
Alex wrote:
PowderJZX wrote:you can do what he did? he bridged it.. still the same as 4 chanel except that a 4 chanel amp is more controllable in terms of shifting sounds front to rear and left to right.. same quality in sounds.. no one shifts them anyway..haha
what does this mean? your confusing me here

4 chanels have 4 controls i think . .. not sure about 2 channeld amp.. but i sugested 2ch to dom because people dont usually shift sounds like increase the volume of the rear and decrease the front or increase the volume on the left and decrease the volume on the right.. it doesn;t usually happen..
Car amplifiers have gain switches, 2 channel amps will have one gain switch, 4 channels will generally have two, one for the front set of channels and one for the other.
this is not for altering the volume as such, but more for varying the output of the amplifier.

by using a four channel amp, it means you can bridge the two rear channels and run a sub, and use the front two for your front speakers.
I am currently running 150 Rms into each of my factory x100 fronts, and they are handling it well.
because the factory sub is 2 ohms and my amp is not stable at the resistance i can't run my factory sub off it. :(

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

PowderJZX wrote:
lofreq wrote:but id say for anyone in an x90/x100, the challenge will be venting the boot into the cabin...
if you look closer - there are 2 more holes in the thingy above the gas tank.. its for 4x7 or 6" speakers + another one for subs..take the covers of..
there are no holes in the x100 which did not come with the air purifier or sub - it is solid steel. there are circles there where it should be cut out - but if the car didnt have anything fitted from factory it seems the holes are left uncut. so not everyone will be as lucky :)

Alex

Post by Alex »

ah gutted lofreq, your options are pretty limited then.
you could do a couple shallow mount subs in the rear doors with some f/g work

ive been trying to figure a good way to mount 3 ways in the front, its proving quite difficult.

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Car amplifiers have gain switches, 2 channel amps will have one gain switch, 4 channels will generally have two, one for the front set of channels and one for the other.
this is not for altering the volume as such, but more for varying the output of the amplifier.

by using a four channel amp, it means you can bridge the two rear channels and run a sub, and use the front two for your front speakers.
I am currently running 150 Rms into each of my factory x100 fronts, and they are handling it well.
because the factory sub is 2 ohms and my amp is not stable at the resistance i can't run my factory sub off it. :(
lol i think you're right..
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

dom

Post by dom »

This is what I plan to do with the sub in the boot, similar to what this chaser has on trademe. This way you still have usable boot space, my sub box is currently sitting in the middle of the boot and its such a pain in the arse taking it out everytime I need to use the boot.

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Its simple to do bro, i've got MDF if you need them and also a jigsaw :D
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."