Factory Side Skirt Fitting

No body likes an ugly duckling...
Jayzedex100

Factory Side Skirt Fitting

Post by Jayzedex100 »

I need a favor from anyone who has the stock side skirts on their car, just to show or tell me how they are fitted to the car. I now have the stock skirts and bumpers which I didn't originally have when I imported the car, so I don't have an idea of the bolts, brackets, clips etc I need (they didn't come with anything).

Skirt to fender; what goes here?

Underneath; what goes here (sorry for the crap pic, my car is too low to see properly :P )?

Thanks in advance.

FLAWLES

Re: Factory Side Skirt Fitting

Post by FLAWLES »

adam

in that first pic there are two white plastic body clips that hold the skirt to the guard, when you had the m-sport gear on you would have had to brake/take those clips off to get the fenders to fit

the 2nd pic is nothing to worry about, the only other this holding the skirting on is some oem heavy duty double sided tape, that bonds to both the chassis and skirting

last i checked TNZ didnt have those body clips in stock so i just made do with some bolts, for the skirting i would use RTV or some ADOS glue, if done right it will last for a very very long time
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Jayzedex100

Post by Jayzedex100 »

Yea underneath the skirts I can't really work out. I put double-sided tape along the edges, but I'd like to know what goes under there (what goes in those holes). I'm hoping someone can take pics of what they look like, and of those clips you speak of. The previous owner must've taken those clips off, when he put the Julius skirts on.

I tried to look for part numbers on this site: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/g_J_199811 ... BTMVZ.html but I had no luck.

I want to get my car painted asap, but I want these bits 'n pieces first.

That stock fender I got off you Jarrod; made me notice my car had been resprayed previously, as it's not quite the same shade of green (mine is much lighter with more metallic).

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

sorry about the late reply dude

really not the same shade of green?

i do polish my car every couple of months but i doubt that would of been why

as for those holes, i beleave the ones on the skirts are like a vent hole so dirt and water can fall out,, i have had mine off and can safely say there is nothing that goes in there
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Jayzedex100

Post by Jayzedex100 »

This is a better pic:

Looks like something goes in there to attach the skirt to the body. I simply want someone to please post a pic of theirs so I know what I'm looking for. I still don't know what these white clips from fender to skirt look like either. There is no part # for this stuff, so I'm getting really damn frustrated. I need this stuff so I can get my car painted.

Can someone take pics for me please?

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Cableties are your friend!

But if you're too fancy for that, I guess the clips are something like this maybe (pic below, these attach the 'dogleg' sideskirt pieces on my Mirage), you could probably find something at pickapart that would work? A while back when I removed the doglegs I broke the factory clips, so when I went to reinstall I decided to Sikaflex them on. Big mistake, the next time I tried to remove them they were well and truly stuck. Took me forever to cut through the Sikaflex with string and a razor blade. Went to pickapart and pulled a bunch of white clips like the one below off a random car's interior door cards, they work fine. It's all about improvising.

Seriously though, cableties :lol: if it wasn't for those god-given beauties, both of my cars would be nothing more than a couple piles of parts!
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

Jayzedex100

Post by Jayzedex100 »

I'm over using zipties to hold my bits together man. Factory bits is the way to go.