wheel options, give me ideas please.

No body likes an ugly duckling...
phys

wheel options, give me ideas please.

Post by phys »

Ok will start a build thread soon but the chaser is here and it's time for the factory 16" to go and some 18's to take their place without spending a fortune as the tyres are effed and I am not buying 16" tyres when I can upgrade ;)
I have looked at so many options and I am lost now which direction to go so may as well get some more ideas!!
I personally like the mesh wheels with a bit of dish and that touring car look but probably not for a chaser :oops: not too keen on massive dish etc dont' like drift teks and most of the Rota wheels have too low offset for me but are nice.
I want around 32-35+ in a 9" all round I think it will look ok and give not too many clearance issues (unless anyone disagrees)
Car is a x100 stocker at present and budget is under 2k

(opinions....?)

phys

Re: wheel options, give me ideas please.

Post by phys »

First forum I been on that 15people have no opinion :) I got some wheels now so no matter, one day I will pop along to a meet.

Alex

Post by Alex »

its your opinion that matters anyway.. their your wheels

dom

Post by dom »

it all depends what kind off fitmet/look and how low your car is man.

9" wide with 35 offset should have no clearance problems

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Alex wrote:its your opinion that matters anyway.. their your wheels
+1

never ask for opinions on how to modify your car so generally - you can decide on a look and then ask for variants on it, for example "i want to run 18x10 rear with massive dish, what are some options?" then we know the look youre going for and can suggest a few things

but just saying "i want 18s, what should i get" is kinda like uhh. "im hungry, what do i eat?"

as stated, the car is an expression of yourself! if you start building it based on what other ppl thought is cool then it might be the wrong way about it :)

phys

Post by phys »

Yeah I am a bit new at this "look" used to own a Honda and small wheels are WIN :)
Will be running 18x9.5

Mike

Post by Mike »

+20-+30 will do you, with gaurd roll, get something jap and styley