Your thoughts on these 19s for my JZA80?

No body likes an ugly duckling...
mmd

Your thoughts on these 19s for my JZA80?

Post by mmd »

This is a thread about aesthetics, not about sizing/fitment etc. I'm looking at some 19x8 and 19x9.5 wheels that look like they could be quite sexy on a Supra. The concaveness is just gorgeous, IMO. Wanted to get others opinion on the matter before I pulled the plug because I'm still unsure how good these would look on a car like mine.

I've found some pics of it on an Altezza, only car I seem to find photos of it on. They're the DTM Vettels.

However, if I purchased them, I would probably powder coat them "Black chrome". Something I am really digging the look of lately. I'm trying to get something "different", but still stay classy and not distasteful. Black chrome pictures can be found in this thread (sorry to link to SF) - http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showth ... ack-Chrome (need to be a member to view thread).

Thanks guys, lay it on me! :)

PSIBRG

Re: Your thoughts on these 19s for my JZA80?

Post by PSIBRG »

YES! Love concave wheels. Not really a fan of black chrome but it's not something you see everyday and I think it would actually suit those wheels nicely! Can't see the pics on supraforums, gotta be a member...
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

mmd

Post by mmd »

Definitely need to see the pics to understand why I think Black Chrome would look hot. Here, I rehosted for you :)

Still think Black Chrome wouldn't look hot? :?: My car is white, btw.

Sam

Post by Sam »

This is a thread about aesthetics, not about sizing/fitment
sizing / fitment ARE aesthetics. it makes the whole car look different.

mmd

Post by mmd »

Sam wrote:
This is a thread about aesthetics, not about sizing/fitment
sizing / fitment ARE aesthetics. it makes the whole car look different.

You're arguing semantics there. If I was buying chrome spinners for my Supra, people wouldn't care what the fitment was.. they'd care that they're chrome spinners (aka what they look like).

In the same way, I am asking for opinions on the appearance of the mags and their suitability on the look/shape of my Supra.

Sam

Post by Sam »

DTM rims look very south auckland spec, if you want an honest opinion.

wheels make or break car. cheap looking rims = cheap looking car.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

Sam wrote:DTM rims look very south auckland spec, if you want an honest opinion.

so are you saying any DTM wheels = cheap looking wheels? I think those wheels look good on the Altezza but not sure on the Supra.

Sam

Post by Sam »

shweatypox wrote:
Sam wrote:DTM rims look very south auckland spec, if you want an honest opinion.

so are you saying any DTM wheels = cheap looking wheels? I think those wheels look good on the Altezza but not sure on the Supra.
Yes. wouldnt buy DTM if my life depended on it.

mmd

Post by mmd »

Haha, this is more the kinda discussion I wanted.

Anyway, I actually agree that DTM wheels probably aren't the best in terms of the stigma they carry. However, if I was looking at JDM wheels like say Volk, the only one I could get with a good look that suits the black chrome thick spoke'd look I want would be the TE37SL - expensive as hell.

Would thinner spokes in a black chrome color still stand out and look cool?

Sam

Post by Sam »

If you want something in black chrome and have taper and thin spokes the only thing that looks good IMO is Weds SA70

If you're on a budget. then why not try ROTA wheels? they are cheap. but don't look like shitty DTM shit. or aren't Wolf Meister / SP1 copies