Your thoughts on these 19s for my JZA80?

No body likes an ugly duckling...
phys

Re: Your thoughts on these 19s for my JZA80?

Post by phys »

Love the Weds as a rim or speaking of Rota maybe IK-R or P45-R not sure they have your offset and exact colour though but certainly are a decent wheel without breaking the bank and have some pretty decent styles.

shweatypox

Post by shweatypox »

ooo I like those Weds SA70. Is there a NZ supplier or you gota go overseas?

Sam

Post by Sam »

shweatypox wrote:ooo I like those Weds SA70. Is there a NZ supplier or you gota go overseas?
go straight from japan is prob best way to do it.

the weds are quite expensive. this is a quote i got last year:

5x114.3 18x10JJ+18 TS Bronze $580 + ship each

Getting 4 wheels to my door was approx $640.

But the feeling of brand new genuine Jap wheels is one that you will never come close to if buying some cheap copies.

I paid around $2400 landed for brand new Work XT7's

mmd

Post by mmd »

$2400 isn't bad at all. However, problem is that I wouldn't spend that chunk at once.

I posted this on another forum and got a similar response. I think it's time to pull the plug and just buy TE37SL's in the dark gun metal color.

Sam

Post by Sam »

mmd wrote:$2400 isn't bad at all. However, problem is that I wouldn't spend that chunk at once.

I posted this on another forum and got a similar response. I think it's time to pull the plug and just buy TE37SL's in the dark gun metal color.
good man. you wont regret buying proper jap wheels ever.

I think if you had bought DTM's then you would later regret and then have to spend another wad of cash down the line sometime

mmd

Post by mmd »

Yeah, ideally I'd want something American like CCW or HRE wheels, but I definitely don't want to pay $7000-$8000 just for wheels. That's half my car right there!

I think I'll check out some Japanese auction sites and pick up some Volks. I've just been informed that TE37SL's are very "hot" and I'd lose them quick, so that may be off the list already :(

suijin

Post by suijin »

This threads been silent for a while but its exactly what i want to talk about.

Wheels for my black JZA80. Any thoughts on DTM Shines? Im after clean, simple, 5 spokes, deep dish on rear if pos. Long before I even had my car Ive seen Supras with this look. Any comments/suggestions/alternatives?
SAM4NO - JZA80