Reviews on Falken 912s and tyre choices

No body likes an ugly duckling...
PowderJZX

Reviews on Falken 912s and tyre choices

Post by PowderJZX »

Hey guys, My tires will arrive on monday but they ordered 2 different types to see which ones I like better. I am deciding if I should get 195 45 16 or 205 45 16 Falken 912s but the only thing is, I don't get much reviews on a 205 45. I've heard the falken's moulding gives the tires a bit more stretch compared to the rest of the tires etc. Is it true? Like I've read the reviews on the 512s. Apparently, the 205 of 512s has better stretch than most 195s but the 912s...well I haven't heard of them yet.

Also this is one my case: On a 195 50, I have to run 114km/h to get to 100km/h.. and If i ran a 195 45 ? haha I guess this will solve any speeding ticket.. lol

Should I just run a 195 45 anyway? ..Personally I don't like any stretch at all but even the 205s 45 that I had had a little bit of stretch.. The rears are my only problem. The front fits fine :) I mean If i am going to flare them in the end, maybe the 205 45 could fit?, and maybe because it's just more comfortable.. What are your thoughts? This is how my rims sit on my car now!

My car just above the cert height

My car Just under Cert height <-- but It will be a lot lower..

I am considering both heights just in case so I will have to flare.. haha

The flare I am thinking of is similar to Micheal Macnaughtan's or Nigel's gx71 which is cutting the inner lip and just really beating the crap out of it and if it still doesn't work, metal guards. What nigel did to his was cut slits, hammer out, fibreglass, bog and paint. it did looked tidy in the end.

My wheels: 16x8 -15

Michael's guards with 15x9-29 I think?:

Nigel's:

Tatsuaki's weld on metal guards:

My friend Tomohisa sent me:

Internet guards:

What 205 45 16" Looks like on a 16x8

(rear)

I have a 195 45 16 with an ok stretch.

this is my inspiration car: 195 45 16 on 16x9 for the fronts.

Any thoughts?

Tom
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."