JZX front lip/skirt mounting

No body likes an ugly duckling...
xMRWHIPPIEx

JZX front lip/skirt mounting

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

hey there guys!

just bought my first Toyota, and it just so happens to be John Boyces old JZX90 Cresta, which is fooking awesome!

my question is, what is the tidiest way to mount body trim? (such as front lips, side skirts and end caps etc)
the front lip, and rear end caps are held on with cable ties, which whilst is easy to do, looks a little average and they dont fit as well as i'd like.

im picky as hell haha

cheers in advance
Jack of not much, master of fuck all

Shiznt

Re: JZX front lip/skirt mounting

Post by Shiznt »

I mounted mine by using 25mm wide aluminium from Bunnings and made brackets up to support the weight of the lips and side skirts.

This is also a good way adjusting gaps and making things fit tight, as you can bend your bracket to suit.

xMRWHIPPIEx

Re: JZX front lip/skirt mounting

Post by xMRWHIPPIEx »

Shiznt wrote:I mounted mine by using 25mm wide aluminium from Bunnings and made brackets up to support the weight of the lips and side skirts.

This is also a good way adjusting gaps and making things fit tight, as you can bend your bracket to suit.

you sir, are awesome, i hadn't really considered fab'n up some brackets, i was looking more along the lines of stealth cable ties (if theres such a thing) and double-sided foam trim tape.

i'll be sure to make some of these,

thanks man!
Jack of not much, master of fuck all