Boot stuck

No body likes an ugly duckling...
Driftmonkey

Boot stuck

Post by Driftmonkey »

So. I chucked a couple of standard wheels in the boot, drove home. Went to take them out of the boot. The boot wasnt popping with the pull thing OR the key. Assuming the wheels are putting slack on the wire that pops the boot but... I don't know. I'm not a boot expert. Any ideas guys?

shweatypox

Re: Boot stuck

Post by shweatypox »

try putting weight on the boot above the latch while someone pulls the pop lever, same thing happend to me with tyres crammed in the boot lol :)

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

shweatypox wrote:try putting weight on the boot above the latch while someone pulls the pop lever, same thing happend to me with tyres crammed in the boot lol :)
putting weight on it, as in pushing down on the boot? oooph. haven't tried that yet. tried pulling the boot open while someone pulls the lever.. tried sitting on the boot then opening it etc. Good idea. Will try it asap.

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

got the seats out at the moment, tried everything known to man. moved the wheels around and they're not getting caught on anything obvious. is there any valet lock or any switch that I may have set off, any electric parts to the boot that may have disconnected or blown any fuses? really fxxking confused right now..HELP... please.. :oops:

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

Try turning key conterclock wise in trunk lock and try opening with remote. If thats doesn't work, your latch is stuffed (read: vasectomy).
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

lolyf wrote:Try turning key conterclock wise in trunk lock and try opening with remote. If thats doesn't work, your latch is stuffed (read: vasectomy).
Yeah, metal rod that pops came off of plastic bit that moves the latch. Took off boot mounts from back of seats, then undid bolts to the latch and took the boot off, cable tied the rod in to make sure it doesnt happen again = profit