mx 73 lowering

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
ashilino

mx 73 lowering

Post by ashilino »

hi there im new to this forum and was wondering if anyone knows any springs that i can swap into my 88 mx73 to lower it nicely, iv got some hks adjustable struts that i had the idea of modifying to put in but im nt sure how to go about that. also it does anybody have anything lying around that they would be willing to sell. thanks - Ash

jzx100

Re: mx 73 lowering

Post by jzx100 »

hi mate I used to have one of these ,I used MA61 supra, Cobra low springs all round from memory , Holden Commadore wagon rear struts , and ae92 front inserts with a spacer under the insert , kept everything captive worked mint .ill have a hunt around and see if I can find the exact part numbers to confirm.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

front:
SW20 MR2 rear shocks can go into your front struts for short shock action, use spacers to space the shock insert OR do the right thing and cut and shorten your struts.

starlet springs on the front allow surprisingly captive + low, not too soft as you might think - but if you have used good shocks on the front and shortened the tube you should also just slide on some adjustable platforms and use normal coilover springs, where you can choose the stiffness you want

rear:
ford sierra wagon springs on rear, cut down, will fit and be captive and still low and still stiff. shorten bump stops by cutting in half for more travel. almost any spring fits on the back as long as it has 100mm+ inner diameter

AE86 rear shocks are a bolt on item, get some performance 86 shocks and bolt on, they are something like 60mm shorter allowing for a shorter rear spring to be installed

if only x100's were this easy..

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 669212.htm

im thinking about getting these, they will work ae? easy way to have adjustable rear stiffness
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Bosozoku_GX71 wrote:http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 669212.htm

im thinking about getting these, they will work ae? easy way to have adjustable rear stiffness
these will be fr3kin perfect