JZX110 Coilovers

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
Alistair

JZX110 Coilovers

Post by Alistair »

So part n parcel with finding new wheels is finding some suitable coilovers. I'm somewhat keen on these BC Golds seen here but have a couple of questions for those who may know. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =346408049

You may see I asked the question whether these did in fact fit the 110 as I remember Jarred or someone saying the suspension was different between 100/100. Which shows on yahoo japan as most coilovers on there say that they are to suit the JZX110 and SXE/GXE10 Altezzas. So are they right in saying they will fit 90/100 AND 110?

Also, can anyone comment on what the BC Golds are like? I don't want bone jarring ride as it's a daily but it needs to make its way closer to pavement!

Cheers.

crux

Re: JZX110 Coilovers

Post by crux »

Hey, as far as I know they are the same. But I think you should get that clarified...

As for the ride etc. They are pretty much perfect for the street and daily. On the softest setting they are barely noticeably different from stock suspension, while on the hardest setting they are pretty firm.
If they are indeed the same as 90/100, the spring rates will be 12kg F, 8kg R.

To be honest as I did previously did alot of racing, I found them a tad too soft. But don't let that stop you from buying them, because these are my 3rd set of BC coilovers in different cars and the quality is good for the price.

Alistair

Post by Alistair »

Cheers, have ordered some BC Golds, out of stock till next week so will get round to fitting after that!

VR25

Post by VR25 »

I'm. running the HSD HR's on the Verossa JZX110 at the mo , just installed a week or so ago , but am very impressed with the handling and ride . Have then set at 60 % and the street ride is firm but comfort is close to factory . The full Cusco catalogue may be contributing to the stiffness in cornering etc , but if I was to choose between BC's and HSD , I think the hsd's are a good buy for the price . They are huge in Aussie at the mo !

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

just put the bc's in and stop being a bitch about things

but with most things coil overs it comes down to how you set it up
cant just bolt them in and away you go

since your getting bc's before you slap them in, can you tell me the spring rates, its the last 3 digits of the part number on the springs

also, RCA's is something alot of jzx owners seam to over look too man
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Max Power

Post by Max Power »

JZX90/100 suspension will not fit the 110 (AFAIK)

The Altezza runs a lot of similar suspesnsion part to the 110's. So I would be looking at a tidy set of 2nd hand Altezza coilovers on the Tard. Myself and another guy I know are using Altezza TEINs (Crusing master/Super street) with no issues.

Also Altezza and JZX110 have same part numbers for sway bars as well if your that way inclined.

WATDA

Post by WATDA »

Yep, Altezza stuff would be the way to go, may want to upgrade your spring rates though. Im running aftermarket altezza rear swaybar and strut bar with no issues

ping

Post by ping »

Hi, the coilovers of jzx100 is defferent from jzx110... U should get the altezza or the jzs161 will fit in too. I am using HSD, and one of my friend is using BC Gold.... BC Gold is a bit too soft for me.....