X90 Drift Wheel Alignment

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
Rob

X90 Drift Wheel Alignment

Post by Rob »

Been scouring the internet but can't find anything solid to go by...

Looking for optimum wheel alignment settings for a (G)X90 for drift purposes. Has anyone come across any information of value? Or any suspension tuning tips? So far I've got:

TRD coil overs (F12kg or 14kg & R8kg or 10kg)
Cusco rear stab
JZX110 VR25 front stab.

Cheers.

Mike

Re: X90 Drift Wheel Alignment

Post by Mike »

Yo i put 18/12 kg in and feels pretty good, no rear sway yet, will try stock sway first, are the vr25 fro t sways stiffer? i set mine up neutral for the first time, running like -4deg camber all round, could do with less camber in the rear tho

Rob

Post by Rob »

VR25 front sway made it noticeably stiffer but hasn't really eliminated the body roll and the car is way more susceptible now to understeer so I might just go back to original. Physically the bar is about twice as heavy as the original. Just wondering if -4 camber is too much considering how it understeers already.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Best setup:

Aftermarket suspension, almost any spring rate above stock will be fine, good shocks.
Aftermarket swaybars, I had KTS rear and unknown front.
Solid mount the diff, gearbox and engine too if you wanna get serious.
As close to 0 camber rear as you can get, 0 toe to start (can adjust to suit your preference later), -2 camber front and 0 toe (again, adjust to suit preference later), max caster.
JZX110 front tension rods (more of a curve to allow for clearance at better lock)
Steering lock spacers or knuckles.
Suitable wheel width/offset and tyre combinations for neutral handling.

Seat time and go from there to adjust to suit your preferences and the feel of the car.

nite b

Post by nite b »

Now we're talking. Skids!

My old D1 90 settings were:

14/12kg Tein
Front
0.5 toe 'out' per side (1mm total)
2.5 deg camber
Rear
0.5 deg camber on rears
0 toe on rears (straight)

All arms were factory, no rack spacers
Liked to be drifted on full lock though, no real spin issues but I'd machine the rod ends for more lock next time.

I always had to re'align it every 2 track days. Used to be all over the place even if not taking shortcuts over Pukekohe ripple strips. Often find it 2-5 degrees or mm out!?

:D
Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ