LSD options for a gx71

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
Bosozoku_GX71

LSD options for a gx71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Hey guys i figure while i still cant get a bloody wof i might aswell keep making it better. Ok so first off i know i can use an altezza lsd but dont really want to cause i want something slightly more skid/drift worthy and it just doesnt seem like it would be very sporty. secondly i know i can lock the diff (and planned on it) but i just heard through a friend that someone locked a cressida diff and even with the factory 1g it did 2 decent as skids then snapped an axle. so that rules that out. ive heard i can potentially use a whole lite ace or old hiace rear end and just lock that cause its stronger but ive got no idea if that could actually work. so yea if anyone knows anything then let me know.
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

lofreq

Re: LSD options for a gx71

Post by lofreq »

you either have a shitty T series rear, or a F series. T series is smaller and yeah will blow axles etc if you stress em.

F series locked will last ages. chuck in a celica (ga70/ma70) LSD for a bit more action, but those LSDs are usually worn these days. or do it proper and get a 1.5way or 2 way. but if you fart around with cheap options youre wasting your time and will regret it.

F series diff does not fit T series subframe. will need excessive stupid mods, or better yet swap to a F series subframe.

everything stated here is from actual experience.

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

lofreq wrote:you either have a shitty T series rear, or a F series. T series is smaller and yeah will blow axles etc if you stress em.

F series locked will last ages. chuck in a celica (ga70/ma70) LSD for a bit more action, but those LSDs are usually worn these days. or do it proper and get a 1.5way or 2 way. but if you fart around with cheap options youre wasting your time and will regret it.

F series diff does not fit T series subframe. will need excessive stupid mods, or better yet swap to a F series subframe.

everything stated here is from actual experience.
If its an F series, he'll want a GA61/MA61 diff. The A70 has the G series 8" differential (except for some weaksauce 1G-eu variants which came with the F-series rear).

I would say theres nothing wrong with finding a second hand Altezza 2-way if you have a factory F series rear. Spend the money once, get the perfect solution.

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Will it say on the diff or anything if it is an f or t series
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

It should say on the plate in the engine bay

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

hey which altezzas came out with the f series rear subframe and is there a better lsd for skids and drifting. for example were the rs200's better lsd's for skids or were they all the same?
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

They all came with torsen F series LSDs which is good for nothing but street and circuit racing really. TRD, Cusco and Kaaz do a clutch type LSD for them though which is the go for drifting

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Ok it's not looking good. It's a t series. What to do what to do.
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Just put in a F series subframe. They are pretty easy to get as the NZ new gx71s come factory with a F series and 4.1 diff

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Awesome, so by sub frame? Diff, axles? What else, cause I know there is an auto 1g e Cressida at pick a part in avondale, or there was like a month ago at least.
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71