jzx91 diff swap

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
speedracer_nz

jzx91 diff swap

Post by speedracer_nz »

Does anyone know what torsen diff will bolt into a jzx91 2jz n/a. I have looked around other forums and there are claims of half shafts not bolting up since its a n/a and not a turbo. I know the bolt pattern on the rear cover is the same between 90/91/100/110 but there isn't alot of info on half shaft length and splines?

Looonie

Re: jzx91 diff swap

Post by Looonie »

Because you have the 2JZ-GE JZX91, it has the larger axles and CV's from the Tourer models so you want to get a Tourer V or Tourer S LSD which will mount straight up (however you will be missing one of the rear diff mounts from the subframe). The 1JZ-GE models have the smaller CV's and stub axles (and smaller crown wheel) so need a diff out of an Altezza to bolt straight in.

speedracer_nz

Post by speedracer_nz »

sweet thanks, yeah I always wondered why they cheaped out on my diff mounts, I was looking at getting pair of those weld diff mounts :D

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

speedracer_nz wrote:sweet thanks, yeah I always wondered why they cheaped out on my diff mounts, I was looking at getting pair of those weld diff mounts :D
Won't be a great deal of use as you can still only use one. The Weld ones are a slip in fitment to the existing mount to fill the "holes" in the mount and provide a more solid mount. However as your car won't have neither a mount, nor a mount flange on the subframe on the drivers side, you'll have to work something out to get two mounts in there.

I got the flange cut out of another subframe and welded into mine, then bought new TRD solid rubber diff bushes for the rear.

speedracer_nz

Post by speedracer_nz »

how do you mean a mount flange (pics)?? I was thinking of turning solid mounts up on our lathe which would be easy as so I could make them 2 piece if needed. I see underneath my car the subframe has a hole the same size right through to the diff. I thought there was just a lip on the rubber mount with a crush tube inside it which was pressed into the subframe?

speedracer_nz

Post by speedracer_nz »

after a bit more of looking with my eyes I see what you mean by a flange that retains the bush. Not to hard at all to make one of those up and weld it in. thanks for the advice

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

If you look at the one mount that you have you should see a sleeve that is welded through the subframe, the bushes mount into these sleeves (which you only have one of unfortunately)

Logan

speedracer_nz

Post by speedracer_nz »

when my diff arrives from japan (May) i will post some pics and measurements of the install and making the sleeves etc