would someone be able to help?

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
99jzx100

would someone be able to help?

Post by 99jzx100 »

For the last month or 2 my suspension has been making a funny noise, when im driving on a slighty bumpy road and going round corners at low speeds there is a rattling noise coming out of the front left hand side like something could be loose it has just been getting worse, like today turning into my driveway and into my car park it made a noise as if it really wasnt happy i was turning it that tightly but then it doesnt do it all the time either.
I took it to the mechanic today he jacked it up and had a check to see if anything is loose but everything seemed fine, i feel as if i dont what to drive it and make it worse but what would you guys think it may be?

Tofu

Re: would someone be able to help?

Post by Tofu »

what suspension do you have?

Mike

Post by Mike »

Ball joints are coilovers are fugged

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

be the lower control arms

if it makes a creeking or cracking sound when you turn at low speeds or go over bumps
seems to be a common problem with the x100's

see part circled

few ways to fix it
you can get some cheap control arms off trade me for around 199 to 250, what they are like as i am unsure of the quality, they could be bad or good

get new oem parts.......im sure shortly someone will jam up some prices if your lucky

or, you can get your old arms reckoned using TRD bushes, buy pressing the old ones out or fire which ever one you like :lol: and press the new TRD bushes in

or coil overs are shot like mike states, do you know if you have adjustible camber arms on your mark II?
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

99jzx100

Post by 99jzx100 »

yup ive got adjustable camber arms and ive got hks adjusties and yup it sounds like a cracking noise especially when im turning tightly but when im going straight its a rattling noise

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

what you want to do is jack the car up and look at the castor arm ( one i circled )
the bush that wears is conected to the chassis of the car under the floor where you rest your feet or pedals

you will soon see the rubber bushing either coming apart or cracked causing the bush to creek and bang against the floor,

if its not that ( internet diagnosis isnt the best ) i would be looking at your pillow blocks on your coil overs..........and yes i know this sounds mega lame............

but get a screw driver and press the backing plate abit away from the brake disc, stones have a funny way of getting in there and make a rattling sound
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Probably not likely to be the case, but something out of left field that I just experienced and was causing noises similar to what you describe (metallic rattling at slow speeds and whenever going over a bump)...

Check the brake stone shield. Mine was cracked through at one point and the noise was the shield itself rattling around with suspension travel.

99jzx100

Post by 99jzx100 »

we were looking under the car today and at the welded end of the camber arms on the passengers side is cracking and its almost all the way around and also the passengers front wheel is about 15ml more forward then the drivers side and also on the passengers amber arm there is more thread showing them on the drivers side ive got a couple of photos too

This is the drivers side

This is the passengers side

im going to get the crack welded up or just replace it and get a wheel alignment but do you think that it will fix the gap thats in the photos?

HUSSLA

Post by HUSSLA »

I can't see your camber arms.

They are your sway bar links.. passenger side looks stuffed, they are cheap enough brand new, replace both sides at same time.

Looks like you do have a aftermarket sway bar too :P

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

Nice blue valve caps! haha, go with your swaybar! :lol: :lol: