JZX100 Chaser manual rear subframe removal

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
KIPH8N

JZX100 Chaser manual rear subframe removal

Post by KIPH8N »

Hi guys,

I recently imported a jzx100 manual chaser.

So when it got here i saw that the diff bush's are cracked. I'm thinking of removing the rear subframe myself (home garage) and changing the diff bush's.

I have done a bit of research and found out that i can replace them with solid weld bush's/ KTS solid bush.

Would i need to buy rubber bush with the solid bush or can i use just the solid bush by itself.

Are there anything else i should change while the subframe it out?

Car is still not complied or certed. Would these solid bush pass cert and compliance?

m989

Re: JZX100 Chaser manual rear subframe removal

Post by m989 »

There should be no need to remove the whole subframe just to do diff bushes, Just undo the driveshaft and the diff can be lowered down on a jack. You could always install some subframe locking collars if you plan on drifting it in future - as you have probably already found out they slide really well without doing too much to them :D

KIPH8N

Post by KIPH8N »

m989 wrote:There should be no need to remove the whole subframe just to do diff bushes, Just undo the driveshaft and the diff can be lowered down on a jack. You could always install some subframe locking collars if you plan on drifting it in future - as you have probably already found out they slide really well without doing too much to them :D
Thanks for that. This forum seem dead.
But yeah i want to remove it because there is surface rust on the subframe. So just wanted to clean it all up before compliance. I have been researching that its good to reinforce the subframe too(welds). I will definatly consider doing track days and drift days with it so i will get some hardrace collars and also saw hardrace soild diff mount and hardrace subframe mounts too. I just want to know if i can pass cert/compliance with these soild bush's. I was going to put super pro urethane bush's but then i'd rather go for soild mounts since they are available. Got toms braces from japan too so they will be going on the car for some stiffness.

Would want an aftermarket LSD too. Sell my torsen one.

m989

Post by m989 »

Its very dead unfortunately. Everyone has moved to FB I guess.

There should be no reason a certifier wont pass solid bushes but you should probably go and consult the one you will use because they seem to be a law unto themselves as some guys will pass stuff that others wont etc - bit like wofs.

I can vouch for TRD LSD centers too, mine is very quiet and locks both wheels every time.