Factory springs and shocks on X90 Chassis Questions

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
LX90james

Factory springs and shocks on X90 Chassis Questions

Post by LX90james »

Hi Guys

I'm James & I'm new here but not to car forums, have searched for spring rates and only came up with information for Various Coil overs.

I'm slowly converting my Grandma Spec LX90 to a JZX specification and have a JZX90 parts car.

Question > Does anybody know if the JZX90 springs have a higher rate than an GX90 or an LX90 ?

Does anybody have a recommendation on replacement shocks? In the past Ive only fitted Koni or Bilsteins to my cars but its proving difficult to find information on these for the X90 as most people seem to move right to coil overs.

Any help apprecaited

m989

Re: Factory springs and shocks on X90 Chassis Questions

Post by m989 »

What do you plan to do with the car? Daily driver or will it be seeing some track days? Lowering springs for the factory shocks could also be an option if you don't want the cost of coilovers + Cert.

LX90james

Post by LX90james »

Its a daily driver project but just because its a diesel doesn't mean the handling can miss out on some effort.

Long Term goal is a JZX spec car , lsd ect ect with a Diesel conversion perhaps a 1KZ or 1KD swap and a FMIC. Not looking for a drift or track day weapon just something i can fang around in with a bit of grunt.

Its getting the JZX90 sways,new bushings,the Tourer V front brake upgrade. My factory shocks are working but the aren't the greatest.

I have a JZX90 parts car so on the off chance the Turbo 1JZ cars had a stiffer spring rate I would probably bother to swap them in.

I'm more interested in high quality shocks then lowering springs can come later.

m989

Post by m989 »

Cool, keeping it auto or doing a manual conversion? (assuming it hasn't been done yet) I would imagine the shocks/springs are the same but couldn't say for sure.

LX90james

Post by LX90james »

Keeping it auto.

Diesel turbo's and Auto's are just a thing that go well together.

Might have to look into the TRD spring kit and just a set of Toyota genuine shocks.