Bracings REPLICATION

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
VR25

Re: Bracings REPLICATION

Post by VR25 »

I hope the engineering is precise . I been down the road numerous times with people peddling knock off's of bracing products , and these guys are mass producing . Unless ( with Toyota ) you are buying recognized products ( TRD ,CUSCO etc ) I really think your efforts will bite you on the ass . Japanese manufacturer's have invested thousands on their jigs to ensure exact fitment.
Early last year , we trialled Ultra Racing Braces , mass producer and I think not one we sold ended up fitting without major rework .

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

VR25 wrote:I hope the engineering is precise . I been down the road numerous times with people peddling knock off's of bracing products , and these guys are mass producing . Unless ( with Toyota ) you are buying recognized products ( TRD ,CUSCO etc ) I really think your efforts will bite you on the ass . Japanese manufacturer's have invested thousands on their jigs to ensure exact fitment. Early last year , we trialled Ultra Racing Braces , mass producer and I think not one we sold ended up fitting without major rework .

Yes, you are right peter, i dont encourage people to do this.. you are also right about precise measurements.. your products are by no doubts the best and i encourage people to get your products instead of this one haha..

Your products are the best

but dont get me wrong guyz..
our only aim is to copy the rare braces such as toms and other brands etc..so we can store and have a soft copy.. so just in case someone needs it, we'll be able to supply it.. hence the replication..

although its economical to get a new ones instead of getting it customized..

hope u guyz dont mix things up:)
Last edited by PowderJZX on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Alex

Post by Alex »

VR25, Can you get cusco / trd rear/side bracing?
if you can post up some prices

VR25

Post by VR25 »

Alex wrote:VR25, Can you get cusco / trd rear/side bracing?
Alex , we are the NZ distributor for Cusco , you can check my website , http://www.cusco.co.nz and look so see lf your requirements are listed and send the appopriate enquiry thru the website .

TRD Japan have discontinued the majority of there earlier performance products for the 90 / 100 / 110 #. We are hopefully going to TRD Japan in May to emphasize that re tooling for parts from the ( Out Of Japan ) market is crying out for perfornace upgrades . We have had some success with them . We recently had them retool T50 Gearbox Gear sets , they made 10 worldwide for which we sold 3 . :shock: :shock:

VR25

Post by VR25 »

Alex , don't think that buying all the bracing etc available for your model , underbody , strut etc is a podium finish on the track . Do some research on what works well with what you are driving before going head first with bracing.

Alex

Post by Alex »

VR25 wrote:
Alex , don't think that buying all the bracing etc available for your model , underbody , strut etc is a podium finish on the track . Do some research on what works well with what you are driving before going head first with bracing.
ill take that as a no.

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

VR25 wrote:

its a proven fact that the x90/100 and even the 110 chassis have incredible chassis flex, in the front, mid section and rear
i dont have any bracing in the back end of my x100 and its very very noticible on the track

if you take your strut brace and your under car TRD/TOM's/Cusco/Carbring etc brace off go for a drive you will notice a dramitic change going from over stear to under stear real fast, same goes with the front feeling horrible

its not so much about being a " podium finish " as to win first you must finish 8-)

here are some toms and duluck bracing out of my hyper rev books

curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Don't forget the X90 chassis is stiffer than the X100 chassis ;)

I still find it amusing that people purport front (and rear) strut braces to make such a noticeable a difference on anything but macpherson struts...

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

yea true they went abit back wards with the x100

x90 is heavier too isnt it?
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

FLAWLES wrote:yea true they went abit back wards with the x100

x90 is heavier too isnt it?

..x90 is a hundred or two kgs ligher than an x100, well it depends on the model really

Grande: X100 = 1410 - newer = more electronics and stuff
grande X90 = 1280 - all mechanical
Tourer V x100 =1490 1jz + Electronics
Tourer V X90 = 1460 1jz + electronics

My car's weight is 1280 coz its only a 1g:P plus no traction control, smaller brakes, no airbags and such...but according to brendan duncar, the guy who created pedeys mark 2 v8, my car will only be approx 25kgs heavier once i put the v8 in.. + the weight of the exhaust and other stuff which made me smile :D

although i think the higher version car is heavier because its engine (1jz) + all those fanc7 traction control stuff :P.. dunno :P
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."