jzx90 front brakes on gx100? + wheel bearing question

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
negative_offset

jzx90 front brakes on gx100? + wheel bearing question

Post by negative_offset »

Hey guys my gx100 has stuffed front rotors and can only get them genuine through toyota at around $350. Im looking at a full jzx90 2pot front brake setup as a cheaper option and upgrade, have read on the net that they are the same as jzx100. Cam anyone confirm this and also would they be a direct bolt on for my gx100? Any help much appreciated, cheers!
Last edited by negative_offset on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murdoko

Re: jzx90 front brakes on gx100??

Post by murdoko »

yes...

negative_offset

Sweet! Thanks for the info

negative_offset

Hey guys sorry to raise this one again, the jzx90 2 pot conversion that I am looking at for my gx100 consitis of just the rotors, callipers and lines.
Will I need to change the hub/calliper mounting bracket or anything like that? Or will the rotors/callipers go straight on to the gx100 hub/mount?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I know everyone has said they're interchangable I just want to make sure that I don't have to change hubs or anything like that before I buy.

Cheers again,
Marcus

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

They're the same. Check your wheel offset though. The tourers run +50.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

negative_offset

Re: jzx90 front brakes on gx100?

Cheers man, Yeah the current 18x7.5's that came on the car rub on the swaybar during full lock, grabbed some new wheels from work 18x9.5 +28 and will run the current 225/40/18 tyres stretched. Looking at what others are running I think they should be fine, probably a bit of a guard roll but thats no biggie.

Another question while im posting to save starting another thread, I discovered that the front left wheel bearing is stuffed when playing around with the new rotor's for fitment so checked it back together and have new bearings ordered. I believe they are removed from the back and require a 10 tonne press, have the press organized through a mate but getting the cap off the back that houses the bearing looks like it might get interesting.

Has anyone done these themselves before and know how to get these off? I haven't been able to find alot/if any info on this on JZXworld or the net, just hoping to get an idea of how to go about removing them before I pull the knuckles and have a crack at it.

Cheers :D

lolyf

Re: jzx90 front brakes on gx100? + wheel bearing question

Post by lolyf »

What cap off the back? The rear hub assy uses a dust deflector. The caps up front. both assy have snap ring facing outer side. Either ways you'll have to remove to remove hub and use a press. To pry the dust deflector/ cap use a chisdel and hammer. lifts out\ easy.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!

negative_offset

Re: jzx90 front brakes on gx100? + wheel bearing question

Got it done! Cheers for all the info guys!!
One bearing completely fell apart when we removed it :lol: :lol: