gx81 lowering springs cobra vs jamex

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
blandsGX81

gx81 lowering springs cobra vs jamex

Post by blandsGX81 »

as per title whats better??? these seem to be the only options i can find in nz.

driftouteast

Re: gx81 lowering springs cobra vs jamex

Post by driftouteast »

Coilovers. Do it.

murdoko

Post by murdoko »

doesn't matter.. superlows tend to sag and you'll be running on bump stops in no time.

luc3unitJZX

Post by luc3unitJZX »

s14 OEM springs, I believe these are the same springs and shock as MX83. I put s14 ones in my mx83. Lowered it too 100mm off ground, Captive as. Lil bit soft but only cost 20 dollars hah

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

luc3unitJZX wrote:s14 OEM springs, I believe these are the same springs and shock as MX83. I put s14 ones in my mx83. Lowered it too 100mm off ground, Captive as. Lil bit soft but only cost 20 dollars hah
Sometimes I wonder how people find this kinda stuff out.

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

S14 springs on the stock cressy rear shocks is like trying to play snooker with a rope. Also,for the amount of money you're going to pay for new springs with installation you could hit trademe and get S14 Lower control arms with s14 knuckle and strut. Replace the top hat with a cressy top hat and you can use Silvia coilovers. Use legacy B4 tie rods with silvia inner rack ends. Gives you camber on a budget not to mention slams the fuck outta the front while having travel and i'm talking chassis rail scraping low. BA falcon rotors, 33 GTs four pots for the front, jzx100 rotors for the back with R33 twins for the back, the list is endless. To stiffen up the rear use Jonnos recommendation using the A31 Cefiro strut spring setup or the MA/GA 70s shock with the spring retainer and top hat off the cressy (preferred). You'll need to grind a notch in the trad at top fit the cressy tophat.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!