JZX90 under body triangle brace

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
amon

JZX90 under body triangle brace

Post by amon »

Hey guys
I'm pretty new to these cars, having bought my first x chassis about a month ago now.
Anyway I recently purchased a front under body brace off trademe advertised as coming off a '94 Jzx90 tourer v, so I assumed it would fit my '95 Lx90. I went to fit it on the weekend to find the brace appears to be too narrow... Do these two chassis codes have different lower suspension mounts? I can try and upload some pics if that helps.
Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers, Amon.

Matt K

Re: JZX90 under body triangle brace

Post by Matt K »

hi, im noob too but i know some shit...

pics would help.

how are you fitting it? is it on a hoist? on the ground? or jacked up with the car resting on car stands at the sills?

my guess is its the latter. what might be happening is that your x90's front is flexing downwards from the firewall forward preventing proper alignment to bolt the brace up.

what you should try is jack up the front cross member, bit by bit, and check to see if you can align the brace.

obviously, make sure the car is secure and the stands are in position before you crawl under.

ch4sernz

Post by ch4sernz »

From memory a friend had the same problem on his 90
(Which is why I now have his front triangle brace fitted to my chaser)
The lower spec chassis didn't have the additional braces around the suspension mounting point which that triangle brace attaches to

Looonie may be able to shed more light in this

Looonie

Post by Looonie »

Referring to this (stupendously large) image:

Chances are you've got the silver bit, but the black bits on each end you will be lacking as I believe these only came on the Tourer V models.

amon

Post by amon »

Ahh yes that's definitely my problem, thanks for your help guys. If I manage to find some of the tourer v brackets, do you think they would bolt up in place of my standard brackets? The holes for the suspension arms look like they're in the same place..