D2 Suspension

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
Driftmonkey

D2 Suspension

Post by Driftmonkey »

SO, looking at buying a set of D2 suspension as I can get a set for 900.

I've heard that the first gen stuff was complete utter s***. The second generation ones are apparently quite good. Does anyone have any other testimonys regarding the D2 adjustables or have any experience with them?

Please and thank you

davealdworth

Re: D2 Suspension

Post by davealdworth »

Driftmonkey wrote:SO, looking at buying a set of D2 suspension as I can get a set for 900.

I've heard that the first gen stuff was complete utter s***. The second generation ones are apparently quite good. Does anyone have any other testimonys regarding the D2 adjustables or have any experience with them?

Please and thank you

What are you using them for? Daily or tracking

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

Daily for now, in the future maybe the odd trackday.

davealdworth

Post by davealdworth »

Why not go for a nice spring and shock set up? D2s will be really agressive as a daily

Tofu

Post by Tofu »

If you are going for coilovers i'd go BC Golds as they aren't much more and perform better.

Alex

Post by Alex »

if you want lower go springs. if you want less body roll do sway bars and tires. much better value for $$$

JZ14

Post by JZ14 »

Springs suck, don't bother

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

Alex wrote:if you want lower go springs. if you want less body roll do sway bars and tires. much better value for $$$
Haha, it's currently low enough that it has no body roll whatsoever and rubs quite a bit. I have linglong tyres on the back for... reasons.

Driftmonkey

Post by Driftmonkey »

Tofu wrote:If you are going for coilovers i'd go BC Golds as they aren't much more and perform better.
They look to be 600 more from what I can see, but thats probably cause I don't know anyone who sells them. Only reason I'm upgrading is because I can get these D2 for cheap.

Alex

Post by Alex »

going lower does lower center of gravity abit, but roll center ends up stuffed if you go too low without roll center adjusters. my advice would be if you want low and good handling, get RCA's and uprated swaybars, cusco being my choice. for a daily coilovers are overkill. and d2's spring rates are WAAAy too high for our crappy roads.