My '97 Toyota Chaser Grande JZX101 needs help

No point in having a million kw and not being able to use it...
David3D

My '97 Toyota Chaser Grande JZX101 needs help

Post by David3D »

Hi guys,

It is a sad occasion that I have joined this club. I've come in desperation. I seem to have purchased a Toyota that nobody else in the country seems to have except me and I'm feeling it in the lack of parts department.

My girlfriend had a low speed accident due to one of the wheels wanting to come away from the chassis. It came off the lower ball joint due to all the bushes being stuffed. It was only a few days off going in for a warrant too :(

Now I have a shot ABS sensor, a bent electronically controlled magnetically dampened shock to deal with. Luckily the hub isn't bent. I got the ball joint to get it rolling again and had it towed home. I'm told the bushes and ball joint on the other side is just as bad as well as the bush behind the diff and other bushes. Bottom line pretty much is I want all the bushes so I can avoid this in future.

I've recently just purchased the whole bush kit for my MR2 SW20, but according to wreckers, nobody drives this car and thus parts are scarce. I'll be contacting Toyota on Monday to see if I can get the shock absorber and ABS sensor from them, but I want all the bushes too, and I doubt Toyota would still do those.

How many parts are interchangeable between the JZX 80/90/100/110 chassis that would be compatible with the JZX101? I hear from some that the JZX101 was a completely different chassis with different parts and stuff, which if true is going to make my life even harder. If possible, I'd like to maintain the ability to control the shocks electronically in the spirit of keeping the car stock.

If anyone has any tips or wants to console me via forum, that would be great.

Cheers :)

Hachi-ichi

Re: My '97 Toyota Chaser Grande JZX101 needs help

Post by Hachi-ichi »

you should have no issue with JZX100 parts from North Shore Toyota, they can get anything for you from Japan dude.
E-GX81-AEPQF. 8E3, FB81

David3D

Re: My '97 Toyota Chaser Grande JZX101 needs help

Post by David3D »

Hachi-ichi wrote:you should have no issue with JZX100 parts from North Shore Toyota, they can get anything for you from Japan dude.
The Problem is I have a JZX101. But that's reassuring, haha.

I was just worried as there seems to be zero second hand parts around.