1jzgte engine swap help - no spark

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
andrew

1jzgte engine swap help - no spark

Post by andrew »

Hey guys, I have recently put a known running 1jz engine from an s13 into my s14. The old owner was kind enough to label the loom as he removed it with Constant 12v, Ign, and starter signal. I wired it up as he had it, the ECU has constant power and ignition switching and the two relays he had installed with the loom are clicking with ign. I have an earth from alternator to body, battery to body, loom to manifold, back of the head to body and loom/ecu to body.

I had 12v at 6 pins on the igniter and 12v at the coils, I cranked it over checking power to coils as I did so and they dropped to 0v and the igniter has also lost power. The ECU still have power, ignition and earth. The relays are also still clicking away. So I am a bit lost. It was running perfect when removed from the older owners car but I can't get spark so think it must be a minor thing I have over looked.

Things not yet wired,

Fuel pump (so no fuel pressure in the rail, saftey cut off maybe?)
Alternator
oil press light
Engine check light.

are any of these things required for spark for some strange reason?
any suggestions would be good as I am at a bit of a loss. I have had a search on all sorts of forums for common issues and on google but haven't come across anything

Cheers
Andrew

andrew

Re: 1jzgte engine swap help - no spark

Post by andrew »

oh also I a auto ECU! so Maybe thinking a N/P wire needs to be bridged? Like I said though it was running well in the old owners car and all they did was pull it out and snip these 3 wires

Jonno2002

Post by Jonno2002 »

almost impossible to diagnose a fault over the internet, could be anything, really need to see it in person unfortunately

m989

Post by m989 »

Not to be rude, but have you tried a good fully charged battery?

Just a thought.