One piston is Weak

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
PowderJZX

One piston is Weak

Post by PowderJZX »

Hey guys

One of my cylinder is weak! chances are its the compression but then again, there is spark but there's no smoke so it can't be it. I changed the leads, spark plugs, and cap and dist rotors and still nothing (made it an upgrade tho lol).. I'll have it compression tested if i couldn't find it. but my guess is, its the injectors.. well one of them. i put a new sparks in and took #2 out (the weak one) tried smelling it and there's no gasoline smell to it!.. I took it off the road for 2 months and now that i am driving it again, it just started happening. I'll swap injector 2 with injector 1 and see if it changes to #1 piston. and if its not, worst case is the bulb inside..might be corrodade. anyone know what the problem is?
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Dwight

Re: One piston is Weak

Post by Dwight »

You should change the all piston from your car because one is repair and other are genuine and this is totally bad effect will at your car.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Dwight wrote:You should change the all piston from your car because one is repair and other are genuine and this is totally bad effect will at your car.
Dwight do you recommend forged pistons or cast?

lolyf

Post by lolyf »

How do you know the compression is weak if you've not tested it yet? If you suspect the injectors run the motor and listen with a meatillic rod, you can hear it ticking.
I suoprt pulik ejukashun!