Fuel pump on gx71

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
MatGX71

Fuel pump on gx71

Post by MatGX71 »

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

The fuel pump on my gx71 has been humming for a while now and is getting harder to start. a mechanic has told me to replace the fuel pump. Is it as easy as going through the hole in the top of the fuel tank from the boot and swapping it over. or is there more to it? the quotes ive had have been around 400-600 so id rather do it myself but will leave it to the pros if its gona be too much effort.

cheers

ryanfels

Re: Fuel pump on gx71

Post by ryanfels »

Its an external pump and is above the diff head under the car. easy enough to replace

MatGX71

Post by MatGX71 »

still cant find it and everyones telling me its an in tank pump but i cant find an entry to the tank with the pump in it. can only find the fuel level gauge. nothing above the diff and have traced the fuel lines going back above the tank in between the tank and the boot. any other ideas? it should be an easy job once i can find the pump.

ryanfels

Post by ryanfels »

Jonno2002

Post by Jonno2002 »

you gota drop the tank, ezpz, those quotes are rediculous i dont even charge that to swap a whole fuckin motor

Dwight

Post by Dwight »

I think you want to change the fuel pump and from gx71 and get good fuel average new fuel pump increase your car life.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

Dwight wrote:I think you want to change the fuel pump and from gx71 and get good fuel average new fuel pump increase your car life.
hey Dwight what do you think about electric cars?