How to run a +t setup?

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
PSIBRG

How to run a +t setup?

Post by PSIBRG »

I've had thoughts of boost running around my head for a while, but at the moment I'm not really all that keen to shell out a shitload of $ for a 1j setup when I've got a perfectly good (albeit n/a) 2j in the car already.

So I've been thinking about going the el-cheapo +t route. I've already got an Evo 3 turbo and intercooler sitting here from an old setup in my Mirage, i've got a whole heap of random piping and joiners sitting around and plenty of braided hose to make oil lines etc. So that part won't be too difficult, just find a +t manifold, swap out the flange and throw it all together...

But i'm wondering how it can be run (ECU wise) on the cheap? Obviously shelling out for an aftermarket standalone would be ideal, but if I had the money to do that I probably wouldn't be contemplating a +t in the first place. I thought about a Tourer V ECU but the motors run completely different ignition setups so that probably wont work out too flash.

So what about running the 2jzge ECU with a piggyback of some sort? I thought about an SAFC but obviously that doesn't help at all on the timing front.

From what i've read on the net, the Supra guys usually run a 7M ECU and complete loom along with an SAFC... but that to me sounds like a headache to set up in our cars.

Anyone got any words of wisdom? Megasquirt maybe? :?
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

FLAWLES

Re: How to run a +t setup?

Post by FLAWLES »

easy conversion to do

high compression turbo way of the future

lol just for shits and giggles i have done this exact same converson/mod to a RB20E ( my little brothers c32 laurel )

all i done to get around the ecu issue was jam a fuel pressure reg on and up the fuel rail pressure not the most practical thing to do but it works safe, @ around 7psi has given it abt more poke, huff through the fuel but meh pulls the boat better

if i where you i would run a safc - II just to get the a/f right, and run a driven preformance manifold ( there cheap and good for that type of thing ) good down pipe and exhaust and power will be made

do it
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut