1UZFE > JZX100

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
BrownoutsJZX

Re: 1UZFE > JZX100

Post by BrownoutsJZX »

I think i might just go for the cheaper alternative. Might do a plus T as i already have a fuel reg, apexi ax53b60 bb turbo, and a greddy e-manage system. Take it to sinco, he can do the plumbing/oil lines etc, then get it tuned. what does evryone reckon? any other hidden details i should know about?

Jonno2002

Post by Jonno2002 »

FLAWLES wrote:
ryanfels wrote:You dont go for a 1uz for power, you go 1uz for the sound
you speak the truth
yea they sound mean but jz sounds better cmon !!!

Waz

Post by Waz »

BrownoutsJZX wrote:I think i might just go for the cheaper alternative. Might do a plus T as i already have a fuel reg, apexi ax53b60 bb turbo, and a greddy e-manage system. Take it to sinco, he can do the plumbing/oil lines etc, then get it tuned. what does evryone reckon? any other hidden details i should know about?
Better run a huge radiator if your planning on running it turbo they get hell hot, plus forget running w box you will have to run r154. Your call at the end of the day but there is a reason people run 1jz over 1uz.

BrownoutsJZX

Post by BrownoutsJZX »

I definatley want to keep my chaser JZ aspirated :D . Radiator, sweet ill add that too the list, i also found a 10row oil cooler in my garage with braided lines etc, (quite thick too, its an ARC cooler), and ive got a greddy FMIC too, but sinco will also need to do the plumbing as the piping kit was for my s14.

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

Waz wrote:
BrownoutsJZX wrote:I think i might just go for the cheaper alternative. Might do a plus T as i already have a fuel reg, apexi ax53b60 bb turbo, and a greddy e-manage system. Take it to sinco, he can do the plumbing/oil lines etc, then get it tuned. what does evryone reckon? any other hidden details i should know about?
Better run a huge radiator if your planning on running it turbo they get hell hot, plus forget running w box you will have to run r154. Your call at the end of the day but there is a reason people run 1jz over 1uz.

amen to big radiator, even if you can find a tourer v radiator jam that in, im un sure on those cheap arse chinese ones, ( can anyone comment? ).i can safely say the rad that you have in your car IS NOT UP TO THE TASK :lol: been there cooked that

1jzge + t tho high compression turbo you sir need a high five...do recomend you up the injectors tho

who have you in mind to tune it?
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

BrownoutsJZX

Post by BrownoutsJZX »

I wont let anyone tune my car other than soichi, from st-hitec. dont trust people here in waikato, theyre all shit and ive seen not so good outcomes from them! ;)

FLAWLES

Post by FLAWLES »

BrownoutsJZX wrote:I wont let anyone tune my car other than soichi, from st-hitec. dont trust people here in waikato, theyre all shit and ive seen not so good outcomes from them! ;)
fuck you need a double high five for that comment
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

nite b

Post by nite b »

Sounds good! I do think however you will find it will be a more expensive way to go. Just buy a standard 1JZGTE, say $1500-1800 & bolt it in, wire up & smash it.
Then you already have tougher engine internally, multicoil, sweet injectors, etc etc etc. Also easy access to aftermarket parts if you mod further later.

Either way, youre on the right track!
Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ

BrownoutsJZX

Post by BrownoutsJZX »

nite b wrote:Sounds good! I do think however you will find it will be a more expensive way to go. Just buy a standard 1JZGTE, say $1500-1800 & bolt it in, wire up & smash it.
Then you already have tougher engine internally, multicoil, sweet injectors, etc etc etc. Also easy access to aftermarket parts if you mod further later.

Either way, youre on the right track!
Thanks dude, i'll keep on the look out anyway man. and even if you see an alternative just hit me up. i definatley think it'd be more natural to have a factory 1jzgte. never really been a fan of the ol' plus T conversion.

Whilst on this subject, my mate had a 2jz turbo supra. it was a ge engine but had been turbo'd. the rings were fuckd in no time as it had wicked blow by and smoked like a chimney, but do the turbo blocks have oil squirters at the bottom of the bores? just interested.

nite b

Post by nite b »

Yeah, the turbo engines have oil squirters. The non turbos have the galleries but you need to drill/tap them & then add an external feed to supply them with oil. Fly cut the pistons to suit, yada yada yada. NZ has a cheap enough supply of factory turbo 1JZ & 2JZ engines to warrant starting with one from the get go really.
Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ