ignition leads

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
Bosozoku_GX71

ignition leads

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Does anyone know what sort of aftermarket ignition leads i can use on my 1j? the stock ones are tiny and im sure some bigger ones would be better, and make the engine look less stock. :p but i cant find anything for a jz. has anyone used a wasted spark setup, they are on every westy rb so i dont see why you couldnt use one on a jz?
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

FLAWLES

Re: ignition leads

Post by FLAWLES »

ngk do a upgrade lead, dont know the thickness of the cable as i havnt brought any, or you can go to a eagle lead, they arnt to bad, you would be straggling to feel a difference if thats what your aiming for

wasted spark, again cant comment with the 1jz, but they seam to be well execpted with soem of the blacktop 20v 4ages in our club, but they are running alot of msd gear

what are you trying to achieve?

rgds
jarred
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

hahaha not much ae man. but with your foot all the way down it doesnt feel much different to 3 quarters and its getting more air from the intake so might aswell increase the spark aswell. plus my factory one are like 2mm and it just looks sad as on a big straight 6 when my mate has like 10.5 mm leads on a civic. :p
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71

Jonno2002

Post by Jonno2002 »

stock leads are fine, if they arent fucked dont replace them, you wont get any improovement at all, wasted spark is a cheap shit fix for rb's and i cant count the amount of failures related to using that setup.

make sure youve got good plugs gapped to .8mm and make sure your timing is at 10degrees btdc

also make sure your cam timing is correct too, might have slipped a tooth or been changed wrong last time it was done

also check your knock sensors are plugged in and working, a mates rb25de (dont say it) ran like shit till we plugged them in

heaps of shit to try ;)

Bosozoku_GX71

Post by Bosozoku_GX71 »

Yea they are fine, and it runs sweet (actually not anymore but il start a new thread) so i just wont bother then.
JZ = engine code
X = Chassis
71 = Series

therefore... jzx71