Intercooler leak testing/repair

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
PSIBRG

Intercooler leak testing/repair

Post by PSIBRG »

Looking at getting my Mirage tuned soon so i'm trying to eliminate all air leaks.

Got a pretty large hole in the intercooler, which despite how it looks, didn't seem to be leaking when the car was running, but i'd like to get it tested (and repaired if needed) just in case.

Could probably do with a professional clean as well, as it's originally off an R32 or 33 GTR so it's most likely about 15-20 years old.

Can anyone recommend someone/somewhere that would do this in Auckland? A radiator shop maybe?

JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

nite b

Re: Intercooler leak testing/repair

Post by nite b »

We can pressure test & repair if you need dude. Can put a internal flush through too, just cant dip it though if you are looking for a pretty outside.
Prob just couple bourbons for the test:) Flush agent prob $30 odd if needed. Repair might need tanks off but can look at that after. Few more boubons & we can TIG on a new top plate to cover that hole too!

:D
Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Oh you beauty! Yup definitely keen, pressure test and flush for sure, and repair if needed.
Just outta interest, do you guys do general custom fabrication? Intercooler piping and custom end tanks?

nite b

Post by nite b »

No problem at all. Yep, full motorsport services from homologated cages, cro-mo, mild or stainless steel,alloy(even titanium) fabrication, wiring, chassis prep, dyno tuning etc- you name it.

Cheers ;)
Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Awesome. What I might do is get the car running and bring it in to you to show you what I want done. Basically as well as the intercooler repair, i'm wanting to have the 3" end tanks binned, and have custom tanks made up with rear-facing 2" inlet 2.5" outlet to run a short route piping setup through beside the radiator.

At the moment i've got a bit of a spaghetti pipe setup, 2" turbo outlet to 2.5" hot side pipe, into 3" intercooler, and then back down to 2.5" to the throttle body. Goes all the way through into the wheel arches, just unnecessarily long.

Will be in touch within the next few weeks, have you got an email/cellphone/address that you could PM me?

Cheers :)

nite b

Post by nite b »

No problem at all, sounds good. Just drop me a line on 021 475 437. Based in Rosedale Industrial, Albany.

Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ

D1Style

Post by D1Style »

nite b wrote:No problem at all, sounds good. Just drop me a line on 021 475 437. Based in Rosedale Industrial, Albany.

hey mate

Are you open or around in the weekends or week days only? wouldnt mind popping in and seeing you about my car....cheers

nite b

Post by nite b »

Give me a buzz, can sort a time or something. Sorry to hijack thread :oops:
Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

No worries, hijack away!

Have just bought some braided hose so should be redoing my oil cooler lines this weekend if the weather stays good, and hopefully bring the car in next week sometime. Some pics for you to look at, to better explain what i'm after (sorry if they're a bit big)

What i've got (excuse the fact that the intercooler is practically sitting on the ground in these pics):

And this is more or less the setup i'm after:

nite b

Post by nite b »

Cool! Quality bits too!! No problemo, just drop me a line next week & we can check it out.
Pretty busy so will book something after that if youre happy.

Brendan,

Convert Ltd/Niteparts NZ