1uz fuel pump rattle

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
tomtom

1uz fuel pump rattle

Post by tomtom »

hi there,

i removed the carbon vapour thingy from my soarer and plumbed it stright into intake. now the fuel pump rattles due to what i assume is to much pressure beause when the carbon thing was on it had an atmosphere vent thing. has anyone removed these before or know how to fix my mistake without putting filter back in?

tomtom

Re: 1uz fuel pump rattle

Post by tomtom »

i cant spell

PSIBRG

Post by PSIBRG »

Hmm as far as Toyota's go I can't speak from experience. With my Mirage, I removed the charcoal canister and plugged the line running from the fuel rail & the intake manifold side too. Big mistake, fuel tank would pressurise and when I removed the fuel cap it blew out with so much force that it almost went flying outta my hand. I then ran a hose from the line straight to the manifold, basically stock configuration except without the charcoal canister which I believe is how you've set yours up, and it's been fine ever since.

I have quite a few mates with Nissans and basically what they do is atmosphere vent the line from fuel tank, run a hose down so that it vents pretty much onto the road. And then block the rest of the lines off (wind a screw into the lines and clamp em down with small hose clamps).
JZX91 1JZGTE マークⅡ - Dori project
UZZ30 1UZFE ソアラ - Whale Rider
C83A 4G63T ミラージュ - Lawn Ornament

tomtom

Post by tomtom »

yea that sounds good. or throw the fuel cap in the bush..haha thanks

han16

Post by han16 »

Hmm thats funny that the Toyota engines rely on the charcoal canisters, some other engines don't seam to. From my limited experience anyways :S