V8 - What would you do?

If having a JZ engine just isnt enough...
PowderJZX

V8 - What would you do?

Post by PowderJZX »

Hi guyzz!!!

Im Planning to put a v8 in a mark 2.. been planning it for a few months now - my plan was this january but had to delay for some reason.. Kramer - recently asked me if im gona keep the v8 stock or put a bit of forced goodness or probably n/a tuning it.. planning ot make a bad ass boy on an engine stand and swap it when the time is right...but the problem is that i really don't know what to do..what would you guyz do if you had a v8? how would you tune it?

1uz-fe
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

FLAWLES

Re: V8 - What would you do?

Post by FLAWLES »

if it where me i would do a real nice peaky N/A v8

how to and what do to would come down to what you really want out of the engine

first off nice headers would be teh first item on the list...they wil have to custom so theres a good opertunity to do it right first off

then intake, factory one isnt to bad but for max raddness and ITB ( individual throttle bodies ) either made from blacktop 20v throttles or form efi hardware

after market ecu for the win

then look at some cams, a family member in his hilux ute is running ex stock car cams.........and my god when you start to move in this thing who needs a turbo
curb |kərb| kerb
noun
1 a stone or concrete edging to a street or path.
2 a check or restraint on something
3 a concrete construction used to help rotate your car
4 a tempting shortcut

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

no need to boost a v8. dual 20v ITB's as mentioned, long trumpets, and a shaved flywheel for maximum rev speed/stall immediately if u dont launch at 3000rpm/like a nascar. thats the only way id run a v8.

lofreq

Post by lofreq »

and then sit there and blip/stab rev it at the lights like a demon and heart-attack terrorize all pedestrians and nearby residents from the sound of pure terror

dom

Post by dom »

I'd definately bolt it in front of a r154, thats what i'd do.

PowderJZX

Post by PowderJZX »

Hi guyz! thank's for your advice aye! i'll definately keep it n/a.. and put an r154 to make sure nothing goes wrong.. i've spoken to petey who owned the v8 uzx90 who passed it on to sam - they said that it was a nightmare due to too much torque, meaning car always breaks down when it didn't have the r154.. but with an r154 it should hold it... so n/a it is!
"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,
Torque is how far you take the wall with you."

johnny5

Post by johnny5 »

there is no need to put some boost up its ass but since it can handle it why not been successfully done many times just the cash to do it would be hard either way its a recipe for one bad ass jzx :evil:

moonboots

Post by moonboots »

Hi, was looking at another post and you mentioned something about custom mounts?
i was looking at doing this to my 90, read that celisor mounts bolt straight in. just my 2 cents worth..
cheers

Waz

Post by Waz »

R154 I really wouldn't spend the money on, if you just plan on running it na and for getting around town. I ran a w58 behind my drift car when it was 1uz and it got a hiding never gave me any problems. 1uz can be fun, but for me I out grew it quickly. hence the change to 1jz never looked back. 1uzfe cost to much to get power out of so if you are wanting cheap power go 1jz.
Last edited by Waz on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimonMkII

Post by SimonMkII »

Supercharger :D